Thursday, October 20, 2011
Radio silence on the blog again folks - sorry about that. It's been a huge Halloween Madness in my life, which has now turned into brother's birthday madness. But luckily, his festivities will end by Monday, which means my life can return to the norm of unemployment and crafty-goodness. And blogging! So much blogging!
What are your weekend plans? As mentioned, it's my BroBear's birthday so we're having a dinner with friends. We're thinking of something else too, but if it happens, it'll be a secret...so shhh! Can't write it here, lest he find it ;)
Let's fill in some blanks, shall we??
1. Nothing says fall like pumpkin and/or cinnamon-spiced baked goods .
2. My favorite autumnal tradition is gearing up for Black Friday. Yes, it's very commercial, but it's the excitement and fun of being up at such odd hours for the holidays .
3. My favorite fall treat is pumpkin chocolate chip muffins from Coffee Bean. Delish! .
4. Fall makes me think of snow because I live in an area where Fall = Winter. We don't really have seasons in San Diego: it's hot, and then not-as-hot. So when it becomes not-so-hot, I always think of it as other people's winters...which is snow. Yeah, that was a very long train of thought .
5. Autumn free form word association, go! leaves, crisp air, boots, jackets, pumpkin spice lattes! .
6. My go-to outfit in the fall is leggings, flawy top, cardigan, boots and a scarf. Maybe leg warmers if it's colder .
7. My favorite fall holiday is (Halloween or Thanksgiving) Thanksgiving! I actually really don't like Halloween - the slutty dressing up, all the candy sugar sweets which make me break out like crazy, and then I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat. I have a crazy spider phobia, so Halloween just freaks me out. Plus, Thanksgiving is wonderful; it's food and family and laughing and the parade and dog show and football and the prelude to Christmas .