Happy 2012 and a Ten on Tuesday!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy 2012, everyone!  I've unfortunately been under the weather for a week and it's really beatin' me - it's just so darn annoying! Aside from that, the new year's started pretty well. Seen a few of my friends, read a few good books, and generally had a relaxing time. Tomorrow I am determined to start all the goals and plans I've got for this year, including but not limited to: revamp resume, get portfolio website up and running, find a job, redo the blog layout for this site, get my Book Blog layout up, read more, and clean my closet. And that's just January!

I hope everyone's had a great beginning of the year!

Link up here to join!

1. What did you get for Christmas?
I got a lot of lovely things! Books, puzzles, gift cards, tons of DVDs I wanted...and most importantly, my family and I had one of those five-minute laugh sessions where none of us could speak or talk and just cried of laughter.

2. Have you taken down your Christmas decorations?
We have not!  We meant to yesterday, but...well. Didn't happen. Soon!

3. What did you do for New Years Eve?
I was sick, but I dragged my lazy butt out and went to a friend's house with about 10 others. We watched the ball drop and played some board games and video games. It was low key and absolutely perfect.

4. Do you like accents?
LOVE. British accents feel like home to me, and I can't resist Irish, Italian, Australian and French. I guess I'm pretty typical in that way.

5. What kind of television do you have?
Apparently ours is small and out of date, but I'm fine with it! It's not HD, or flat screen, or really big at all. The only annoyance is that it's not widescreen so a lot of programmes get cut off on the sides, but it's nothing I can't live with.

6. Did you make any changes at the beginning of 2012?
I launched my book blog, but since I'm still sick I've been putting off any of the changes/resolutions I really have. Stupid germs are kickin' my ass for now.

7. What’s the last book you read and do you recommend it?
I finished The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson, and I definitely recommend it! She's a great YA author, and I was quite happy with how it turned out. (You can read my review here!)

8. Do you stay current on celebrity gossip?
It's kind of a side effect of having a Twitter. I'm just so plugged in in general that it's hard to avoid any of it. I definitely have my bouts of "need-to-know" moments where I crave any gossip about hollywood, but it's few and far between.  Big stories I know. Little ones, might take me a few days to hear.

9. Do you know the words to Bohemian Rhapsody? Gangstas Paradise? Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?
All of them!  I stumble a bit on Gangsta's Paradise, but it's because I start singing Amish Paradise - no lie. I heard that song before I heard Coolio's original, so things get jumbled haha. 

10. What is your favorite education television show?
WordGirl on PBS. I adore it.  And Jeopardy, of course!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP