Thursday, November 26, 2009
Yaaay Turkey day! Can I just say how effing adorable the Google logo is for the day?! Anything with Peanuts will win my heart. Except actual food peanuts--then I'll just vomit.
Seeing as how I probably won't be able to post tomorrow or Friday due to the festivities of food and finding fabulous fashions (I was trying to stick with the "f" alliteration, but that was a big fat fail on trying to phrase "Black Friday"), I thought I'd do it now. Because I'm cliche like this, I'm going to do a list of things I am thankful for.
BUT. It will not include friends or family because you all know that's a given.
So, without further ado: What Ashley Is Thankful For Right At This Moment (including but not limited to)
- John Mayer's Battle Studies album, which is providing the soundtrack to this list.
- John Mayer's Continuum, because it's one of my favourite albums ever.
- John Mayer. I'll just stick with that.
- awkward conversations overheard at Coffee Bean
- the laptop I'm currently working on, because it allows me to blog, work on my NaNo, stay connected through the internet, and generally waste my time.
- my passion for writing. life isn't on the uphill right now, but the writing will always keep me steady.
- Neil Patrick Harris (because if John Mayer can be on this list, so can NPH)
- my car, which puts up with my breakneck speeds and terrible voice as I belt it out like Whitney (circa 1985-1992).
- my health. Even though i have an irritated stomach on Thanksgiving, cramps from hell, a bruised and possibly broken pinky finger, bad ankles, a weak knee, and stiff shoulders...I'm still here.
- Google and all programs therewithin, though most notably gmail, google voice, google wave, google reader, google books, and google documents.
- NaNoWriMo, for its discipline, opportunity, stress, self-doubt, torture, insanity, and conversation starting abilities.
- Peppermint mochas from Starbucks
- Hazelnut ice blendeds from Coffee Bean
- Panera, though mostly the one my brother works at because all the employees, managers, managers in training, trainers, and assistant managers love me and allow me to abuse my sisterly-privileges.
- JJB, my faithful messageboard. You have been with me longer than most of my friends. I'm going to pretend that is way less sad than it sounds.
- Automatic spellcheck on my computer, which alerts me with a red squiggly line and makes me appear much smarter than I really am.
- Glee. HELL YES.
- Snowball, my Christmas-themed teddy bear that I still sleep with.
- iTunes, because it saves how many times a song has been played and I get a weird sense of pride when I see I have played Josh Groban's "My Heart Was Home Again" 1,709 times.
- iTunes again, because it reminds me of my love for *NSYNC when I see I have played "God Must Have Spent" 2, 341 times. And this is only since getting a laptop--imagine how much it has been played before then!
- *NSYNC. I remain loyal and disillusioned, and I wear my Loser tag with pride.
- the movie Love, Actually because nothing can make me happier in an instant.
- I lied. I am thankful for Christmas music.
- Wait, I lied again. I am thankful for Ferrero Rocher candy. Heaven in a hazelnut chocolate ball.
- kleenex, because I just sneezed.
- Harry Potter
- Josh Groban (same reasoning as to NPH, John Mayer)
- My bed, which includes 3 heavy blankets and 4 pillows. Comfort.
- College-ruled paper
- Windows Media Player, for the days I'm irritated with iTunes not wanting to play my music until I update.
- Microsoft Word