Flowers and sunshine and awards!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Melissa, one of my aaaaabsolute favourites, was incredibly kind to give me another blog award!

....four weeks ago.

Yeah, it's taken me four weeks to formally accept.  I suck, but I acknowledge said suckiness and apologize profusely for it!  I'm supersupersuper grateful to Melissa for thinking of me!  And this is a fun one, because it's got rules!

The Sunshine Blog Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blog world. The rules for accepting the award are:

1. Put the logo on your blog or within your post
2. Pass the award to 5 bloggers
3. Link the nominees within your post
4. Let them know they received this award by commenting on their blog
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award
6. Share 5 things about yourself

So, let's get this show on the road!  As per my usual, I'm deferring passing along; but the good news is that I will be passing along my lovely awards in about a week or two! Once I get my blogging life and blog roll set up.  As for #5, I will share this love forever and always, because Melissa is kind of one of the best bloggers ever.  I love reading her posts; she's so funny and interesting and creative with just the perfect splash of nerdy.  Besides, we get the John Mayer love--this stands alone as a reason for unending adoration. I beg you to go check out her blog.

Now, 5 Things About Me.  I tried to do things that you wouldn't be able to figure out through my blog.

--01--
When someone onscreen winks directly into the camera, I immediately wink back. I physically cannot keep from doing it. I was almost caught once, but played it off as something in my eye. This applies to pictures of people winking, too.  But it has to be directly into the camera, else I won't do it.

--02--
I used to hate telling people what music I listen to because I was afraid they would make fun of me. I still kind of get music anxiety when people find out what I listen to, but I'm slowly learning to get over it because music is personal and if someone can't see that, then they can suck it.  In an effort to help this along, these are the last 6 albums added to my music collection:
Francis and the Lights [It'll Be Better] - Mumford & Sons [Sigh No More] - Christina Aguilera [Bionic]
Drake [Thank Me Later] - Eminem [Recovery] - Promises, Promises Official 2010 Broadway Cast Recording
--03--
I get second-hand embarrassment reaaaallly bad.  You know, when you get embarrassed for someone else, usually when that person isn't embarrassed at all but you are for them.  It's pretty bad with TV (which is why I don't watch much reality TV), to the point where I will mute so I can't hear it and/or pull up the Guide on the screen so it makes the picture really small.  It's all very strange, because I'm not easily embarrassed about things I do (even if I probably should be).

--04--
I have a slightly addictive personality and a tendency towards escapism (if ever a true Pisces...). These two combined are the main reason behind minimal alcohol consumption, because I fear where it would lead.

--05--
Two surefire ways to make me feel all warm 'n squishy inside are to a) kiss me on the forehead, and b) call me "love."  There's just something so fond and heartwarming about both those actions that make my insides all wobbly--even if it's just a friend doing it.  Love love love it.

Secret extra number --06--!
The voice in my head (not psycho schizophrenia voices, mind you) has a British accent.

2 comments:

Stephany June 24, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

#1 made me laugh so hard! Hehe!

Melissa June 25, 2010 at 12:08 AM  

Yay! I'm glad you like it, and gawww you're making me blush with all of the compliments. I think you're awesome!

Also, #3 and #4 are me to a T. Also, I wish #6 were true for me. My inner monologue sounds kind of like my mom, which totally sucks.

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP