And yet another strange dream.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

via
I'm one of those people who dreams often, in color, about every thing in my life.  Now, you may ridicule me if you like, but I firmly believe that dreams mean something.  Too many times have my dreams come up as manifestations of my current life or situation for me to ignore them.  I very much believe that dreams are showing you your life, perhaps in perspectives you would not normally have yourself.  Maybe it's not exact, and maybe sometimes it's just a single element that actually relates to you.

But even I can admit that some dreams are pretty danged far-fetched.  I've shared some strange dreams here before, but one of my recent ones is pretty far out there.  Only boys were in it, for one, which is...weird. I can't even really remember what it was about--all I know is that I was on some sort of scavenger hunt--but the cast of characters was utterly ridiculous.  Ridiculous! Let's try to figure out what they all have in common with each other, shall we?

Pablo: A boy from HS who I have not talked to since June 2005.  I hated him the moment I met him, but we eventually became amazing friends.  His main goal of our entire relationship is to embarrass me, starting with the fact that his nickname for me is "Sexy."  And he actually calls me that, in public, regardless who is around.  He once yelled it down one of the school halls right after the bell rang.

Alex: The only boy I've ever said I was in love with. While I'm not sure how true that was, I definitely felt as though I loved him. He did not return this love, and we settled into the troublesome relationship of best friends with me wanting much, much more.  Complicated and dramatic (mostly on my part), most notably when he started dating several of our friends.  Our friendship ended in 10th grade after an explosive fight, resulting in an incredibly angst-ridden 2 year depression. We're friends now, but I haven't spoken to him in about 3 years.

Anthony Bourdain: Yep.  You read that right.  As in, No Reservations, Kitchen Confidential, occasional Top Chef judge, Chef Anthony Bourdain. I admit to having an irrational love for the man, but...dream-worthy love? I don't know.  But he was there, and we were hangin' out in a bathroom.  He was sitting on the countertop, chatting with me as I washed my hands.


David: I surely hope this is not awkward for you to read David, because...yeah.  A guy whose blog I follow.  One of my favourite bloggers, yes, but I've never met him before, and we've never spoken aside from comments.  Which made it supremely weird in my dream, since he's pretty much a profile picture in my head.  I don't even remember what we were doing, but I was walking with him on a sidewalk.  He was nice, at least!

A2A: Name hidden, since he's the only one in this entire dream cast that I hang out with in real life still.  He's one of my brother's best friends, and he's basically a brother figure to me.  What's funny is that he wasn't even doing anything in the dream.  He was just...standing.  Hanging out.

Ross: Ah, the boy of my dreams since 7th grade.  Except not really anymore, he's just an incredibly attractive, intelligent boy.  He's a guy I'll always kind of like, despite the fact that I wouldn't even be with him if I could.  I'm fairly positive it's all for sentiments sake.

Mystery Boy in a Hat: While MBiaH never spoke or interacted with me, I instinctively knew it was one of two people.  Either Anthony Burrell, an incredible dancer who I've never met and know about only because he auditioned for this season's So You Think You Can Dance (and was wrongfully cut); or, a boy named Derek who was my very best friend my senior year of high school and even though we've grown apart, will always remain to be one of the best memories and relationships in my life.  What's odd is that Anthony is a tall, muscular black man whereas Derek is a skinny, gangly white boy.  How the hat managed to obscure the identity, I will never know.


...so what do these boys all have in common that could lead them into my dream at night?  Here's the answer: NOTHING.  There is literally nothing that ties them all together, except that they all (presumably) possess the same anatomy.  I mean, I haven't even spoken to most of them in the last 5 years, if ever!  I wish I could remember what we were doing, aside from searching for things from a list. I know I had my arm hooked through Ross's arm at one point, but then I left him to go walk with David, who handed me an object I no longer remember.  But that's all I've got--and a bathroom stop with Anthony Bourdain.

He didn't even bring me food.

Rude.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP