Ten on Tuesday! Volume 6

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

 
As always, head over to Roots and Rings to link up with Mr. Linky so others know who participated!

1. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or Mint Chocolate Chip

2. What is your earliest memory?
I have snapshot memories of when I lived in Florida for two years, but I'm never sure if they're things I think I remember because people have told me about it, or because I actually remember it.  My first clear memory that I know is my own is when we moved to Belgium, we drove from the airport into the city we were living, and we saw a hillside filled with Lily of the Valley.  That hillside and those flowers are my first real memory--which is why Lily of the Valley is my favorite flower.

3. What is your earliest memory of a dessert?
Oddly, it wasn't even my dessert...and I'm not sure it counts since it was for a birthday.  At my dancer friend Aaron Deihl's 6th birthday, his mom made a maaaassive chocolate chip cookie as his birthday "cake."  I remember being in such awe at the sheer size of this cookie (like a regular sheet cake), and thinking, "but...this isn't birthday cake!"  And if that doesn't count, my first memory of real dessert is, again, not even my own.  When I lived in Spain for a couple weeks, my family and I stayed at a hotel as Extended Stay.  This hotel had a buffet, and all I remember is my dad eating so much flan because it was his absolute favourite and he said the hotel flan was some of the best he'd ever had.

4. Do you have any recurring dreams?
I do, actually.  I have one person who constantly reappears in my dreams, even if I haven't thought of him in years.  And it's not like he fits into the dreams, he just kind of shows up.  Sometimes he'll be the focal point, other times he's just a person in the crowd, sometimes he says something.  And there is a dream that recurs roughly every 7 years--I'm due for it sometime this year or next--and it terrifies me.  A lot of it is still patchy, but each time I've had it I remember a bit more (so far it's been 3 times).  All I know I start out happy, hanging out with friends and grabbing a bite to eat.  Suddenly, we decide we want to go to the mall and the scene transfers to some shopping.  Oddly, as I go into a department store (always a department store), it transforms that I'm with my family and they're yelling at me to run.  Somehow, I know that someone is after me because I've seen something I'm not supposed to know.  I tear through tons of racks of clothing, my hair always gets in my way, I'm screaming for my family and trying to find out if they're ok.  When I run out the doors of the store, I suddenly find myself in front of a looming white mansion.  I take off running down a long, winding driveway that always curves to the left...and then I wake up.  Always.  I have no idea who is chasing me for what reason and I don't know what happens.

5. Have you ever dreamed about dessert?
I don't think so...I don't remember it, at least.

6. What is one thing (aside from a cell phone or computer) that you cannot go the entire day without?
I guess checking e-mail falls under that computer thing.  It's not something I consciously think "oh no i have to _____", but every day I have to read.  And I don't mean read instructions on something, or read the Guide on my TV, or read the headlines on my parents' computer homepage.  I have to read a book.  At least a page, though it inevitably turns into more.  A day feels incomplete without reading something.

7. What is one dessert you could go your entire life without ever having again?
Donuts.  I hate donuts.  Do those count as a dessert?  If not, how about éclairs.  Or cinnamon buns.  I hate all of those.

8. If you could go on vacation tomorrow, where would you go? (Assume someone else is footing the bill, but within reason…so “the moon” won’t work)
Back to the UK or to Australia.

9. If you could have any dessert tomorrow, what would you have (assume someone else is buying it for you. Within reason though, no “gold sprinkled ice cream cones.”)
A belgian waffle.  But not just any belgian waffle--in Belgium, a couple streets down from Grand Place, is a pâtisserie that has these huge golden brown sugar waffles that have small chunks of sugar baked into them.  Well...really any sugar belgian waffles from Belgium would be good, but I remember that place well.

10.  What was your first impression of your significant other? If you’re single, what was your first impression of your best friend?
I am one of those people that steadfastly believes in having more than one best friend (I can't help it, how I grew up warrants it), so I'm just going to pick and choose some best friends to talk about.  My first impression of bestestest...est friend Brit was that she was increeeedibly shy and quiet.  First impression of best friend and roommate-forever Mischa was that she was graceful and she made me feel like I was so spastic.  First impression of Rachel was that she was REALLY hyper--like, all over the place talk a mile-a-minute hyper.  First impression of Jenise was that she was so cool and calm...I thought there was no way she would ever be friends with someone like me.

11. What is your first impression of dessert pizza? (Personally, I think it’s weird. I love dessert but I don’t want any on my pizza.) 
The idea of dessert pizza grosses me out.  It just looks so so sweet, having all of that together on a "pie."  And it mixes too many dessert items, in my opinion.

2 comments:

Stephany February 23, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

I could totally go without those 3 desserts as well. I have never been a donut girl, they don't tempt me and I never have a craving for them. And I hate most pastry-type desserts.

And dessert pizza? YUCK! It grosses me out, too. Blech.

Stephen K February 24, 2010 at 4:49 PM  

Dude. How can you hate eclairs?! Next you'll be telling me you hate profiteroles and that's just CRAZY.

ps getting hard to comment on your pages again!

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP