Bullet points are your friend

Monday, February 15, 2010

The current:
- brother is watching the NBA all-star weekend shit he recorded whilst gone on Valentine's Day excursions I detailed here.
- remembering why I hate basketball so much.
- am only happy because the 87% filled DVR will deplete tenfold (I don't actually know what the numerical value of that is...I'm going to use it as though I do though, when all I mean is ~27%), and I will get to record my super awesome How I Met Your Mother/Accidentally On Purpose/Big Bang Theory/Biggest Loser/Iron Chef America/Jeopardy/Project Runway/Ace of Cakes/Bones/30 Rock/Important Things With Demetri Martin/Olympic Goodness
- realizing how much TV I watch in a week.  Considering cutting back.
- realizing how much I love all my tv shows. Hyperventilating at thought of removing them from life.
- made a ridiculously amazing comeback in a Scrabble match against a friend.  Though I will probably lose in the end and there are still 7 tiles left to distribute and an indeterminable amount of turns, I still give myself a hearty pat on the back for coming back from 93 points down in only 2 moves (and currently sit 24 points ahead of her!).   And yes, it is through the Words With Friends app on iPod (iPod Touch for me).  Add me if you'd like (though please tell me through the chat function that you "know" me through my blog!): Ash19.

China Pairs Figure Skating Team Shen/Zhao
(image credit cbc.ca)
The past:
- spent this weekend up in Orange County visiting one of my best friends.  Absolutely splendid time, as she and I haven't seen each other in a few months even though we talk online every day
- she is currently following Ethiopian Lent, which means she cannot eat meat, dairy or products that contain gluten.  She is basically vegan for the next 54 days.  As a small reminder: I AM THE WORLD'S PICKIEST EATER.  I'm not proud of it, but it's a fact to my life and an unfortunate factor to a lot of decisions.  It was a bit of a tedious weekend of eating, as we had to find places that catered to both our needs.
- So much Olympics-watching.  And yet, I STILL WANT SO MUCH MORE.  Personal highlights/thoughts:
  • As much as I love you Apolo even though you beat my beloved Joey on DWTS, you interview super douchey and several - even most - of your medals are by circumstance.  You're a brilliant athlete and I'd never be able to do what you do, but...keep that in mind, woudja?!
  • I will forever be in love with German Pairs male Robin Szolkowy.  Beautiful man, beautiful skating.
  • I am in awe of the Chinese Pairs team.  No one can deny the strength, grace and power of Shen/Zhao.  Their Short was nothing short of inhuman.  I cannot believe they are 32 and 35 years old.
  • Evora/Ladwig (USA Pairs team) won me over solely on their choice in music.
  • I admit to tearing up when Alexandre Bilodeau won Gold in Men's Moguls, making it the first gold medal Canada won while hosting the Olympics (this is their third host).  The tears may have spilled when they pictured him with his brother, who has cerebral palsy.
  • My knees hurt just from watching all the Mogul competitions.  How do those athletes do it?!
There's more thoughts, but I figured I'd spare you all.  Prepare for the onslaught when Men's Figure Skating comes though (Tuesday and Thursday!).
- Dollar theatres are amazing.  I miss them so.  Even if they lie and are actually $2 (except Tuesdays), but I accept this because it is still significantly less than the regular $8 (matinee)/$11 (after 5pm).
- Last Friday, before going to Orange County, I met up for a coffee date with three of my best friends in SD.  It's the first time the four of us have been together since October 30, 2009, and it was so so good to see them.  They've been my best friends since middle school, you would think I would appreciate them more.  Life passes by so quickly, but I hope to remember more often.

aerial view of the Getty Center in LA
The future:
- was supposed to go to the Getty in Malibu with bro's gf, but it is alas closed (Monday).  am very disappointed.
- may end up taking advantage of Museum Month, though.  Would be nice to go to MOPA.
- dentist appointment on Thursday.  First one in roughly 17 months, meaning I am sufficiently terrified.  I have terrible teeth (no, really, I probably have had more cavities than the first three people who comment combined), and am scared of the sound of the dentist drill.  Plus, I still didn't get that tooth I chipped back in December checked on.
- planning blog revamp soon. I'm irritated with this current layout/color scheme/everything.  Please direct me to your favorite blog layout sites!
- this week I have the opportunity to see the following movies, each for $1: Youth In Revolt, Nine, Up in the Air, Precious, and Sherlock Holmes.  no idea which one(s) i will choose...
- as it is 4:05am and this post somehow took just shy of 2 hours to finish, i will shortly be in bed, sleeping.

1 comments:

Stephen K February 15, 2010 at 4:50 PM  

- So you watch all of those programmes but NOT 24. Weird. JUST last week got into, and caught up with Big Bang Theory. Loving it right now!
- I've actually been watching precious little of the Winter Olympics! Stupid timezones.
- Up in the Air is my current favourite film of the year (heck of last year as well!) and Sherlock Holmes actually is quite fun and does NOT piss all over the franchise.
- I'm not surprised it took 2hours, that was a LOT of bullet points! You packed possible two posts' worth in there!
-

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP