Ten on Tuesday! Volume 6

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Head over to Chelsea's page to submit your blog with Mr. Linky so others who do this will be able to check it out!  Also, leave a comment for Chelsea congratulating her for having a new addition to her family on the way!  Check out the way she and her husband told their friends and family the exciting news -- there's no way people this creative and loving wouldn't be amazing parents :).

1. If you could open any type of store/place of business (money is no obstacle), what would you open?
Oooo this is exciting!  I'd have to say either a bookseller or a bakery.  Surrounding myself with books is something I'd love to do any day, and the prospect of running into people who love it as much as I do would be lovely.  As for the bakery, I love love love to bake.  I don't do it often (weight problems + 2 [potentially 3] diabetics in the household = no bueno), but when I get to it's so exciting.  There's so many ways to make cupcakes and cookies and cakes...and no one can possibly eat them without feeling happy.

2. If all jobs paid equally, what occupation would you want? Why?
Editor and/or Creative Director of a magazine.  Preferably something to do with Entertainment/Lifestyle.  It's unexplainable why...it's just something I love to do.  Creating a product that contains graphic design, writing, photography, content...it's a dream.

3. If you could be any animal in the world, what would you pick? Why?
Uhhh...as much as I'd like to say a penguin, I don't think I'd survive those winters.  How about a dolphin?  Life's not too much better for them, but I guess we all have our difficulties. I'll stick with dolphin.

4. If offered one “service” free of charge, which would you choose? (chauffeur, maid, personal shopper, chef, etc.)
Oh damn this is a tough question!  This probably doesn't actually exist (outside of "personal assistant"), but I'd really just like a Grocery Shopper for me.  All the other things I like and/or don't mind doing myself--but I hate grocery shopping.  It's tedious and so many choices and if you're hungry you buy way more than you need but if you're not hungry you convince yourself not to buy certain things only to realize you, in fact, need them later.  I'd like to write my list and hand it off to someone else.

5. What is one habit, no matter how hard you try, you just can’t seem to break?
I have a really bad habit of tapping.  Anything.  Nails, hands, fingers, pencils, notebooks, anything.  And anywhere: car, house, class, standing in line. The major problem is that it happens ALL THE TIME.  If I'm bored, if I'm thinking, when I'm not paying attention...it just happens.  Teachers and my parents and everyone have yelled at me.  I've managed to be a bit better about it, but I still annoy people daily.

6. What is one thing that no matter how many you own, you still love to buy all the time?
Post-its and Sharpies.  I own every single style of post-its, and I still buy more.  And I own all colors of sharpies in almost all forms (fine tip, clickable, mini, etc.) but I will always, always purchase more.

7. Out of all the game shows (past and present), which would you want to be a participant on and play?
The Price is Right!  But only if I get to play Plinko, and only with Bob Barker.

8. If you could play the lead role in any movie that’s already been made, which movie would you pick?
Maria in the Sound of Music.  Except not really because there's no way I'd want that movie without Julie Andrews in it.  I'd love to have played the "Weird Girl" in The Breakfast Club, or the role of Elizabeth Bennet in Pride & Prejudice.

9. Name 5 things on your bucket list (things you want to do before you die).
I don't normally share my bucket list, but I guess I'll break that for this.  I've mentioned one on here before: visit all 50 States.  Others include: visit all 4 hemispheres (only Southern left!), ride a horse, complete a novel, and scuba dive.

10.  Which one of your birthdays was the best? What did you do that day?
I don't remember having a "best" birthday.  Normally I just don't celebrate it, because later on in life it's always fallen during finals/tests/spring break.  Earlier years was the generic party (usually bowling), which was nothing extra special.  So for now...it has yet to happen.

2 comments:

Ashley February 17, 2010 at 5:55 AM  

1. A bakery would be amazing. You know I love cupcakes!

2. Editing is something I'm trying to get into as well.

3. I love penguins!

Anonymous,  February 18, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

Our #1 is so similar!!

How about this? You clean my house and I'll grocery shop for you. Deal?

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP