Friday, November 19, 2010
1. My Thanksgiving plans this year will include an incredibly large feast with my mom's immediate family at my aunt's house, my aunt's husband's family (which is always interesting since I went to high school with the sons and we did not run in the same crowd whatsoever), and a few of their neighbours. 30 of us total, I think?
2. My favorite Thanksgiving was all of them. I honestly don't remember too many distinctive ones...before I moved to the US, Thanksgiving was always a small occasion of just me, my brother and my parents. It was lovely, but nothing entirely crazy. Since moving to the US, it's always been a huge family gathering with the usual amounts of family insanity.
3. My signature Thanksgiving dish is pumpkin pie. That's the only thing I am ever responsible for, and it is the only thing I want to be. I love baking it.
4. My favorite Thanksgiving food is stuffing. Always the stuffing.
5. Thanksgiving free association! pilgrim hats, paper turkey cut-outs using a tracing of your hand, turkey, stuffing, yummy, pumpkin pie, holiday kick off, black friday shopping!
6. Thanksgiving is the official start of holiday music on the radio!
7. I am thankful for the abundance of love, respect and hope I am so blessed to have, from family, friends, coworkers, bloggy friends, even perfect strangers. I am thankful for the life I lead, for the life I have led, for the life I can and will lead. I am thankful for the possibilities, for the certainties, for the uncertainties.
Happy Weekend, Everyone!