Wednesday, September 8, 2010
|The Botanical Gardens in Balboa Park|
- I have a job. It is not what I want to do in life, I don't get paid enough, and it is a 45 minute drive from my house. But I keep at it, because I know I should and I really like the guys I work with. That makes me sound whore-ish, but I mean it because I am the only girl in the office. So when I say "I like the guys I work with," that means I like my office.
- It feels early, but I've made the decision to do NaNoWriMo again this year. It was challenging and fun last year, and I'm intrigued to find out if it's possible for me to win while also working. I'm feeling a bit creatively stalled at the moment so I have no idea how this is going to work out, but I'll give it a shot.
- To make a long story short, my grandpa was rushed to the hospital yesterday afternoon, so I have spent the last day and a half stressing the fuck out and running all around San Diego county (did anyone know there was a 54 freeway?! Because I sure as shit did not). He's fine, all is relatively well, and he'll be back at home by morning. Just with a bit more medication and the instructions to slow down.
- I suuuuuper want a Darren Sproles jersey (SD Chargers). Why the hell do jerseys have to be so damn expensive?!
- My dad is in the Philippines now. It was kind of hard to say good-bye because it was frantic and stressful (we'd just found out about my grandpa, too), but he's safely there with his cousins and is ready to take care of the business that brought him there.
- With all the activity of the past few weeks as well as starting a new job, I haven't had the chance go to running or play tennis. I am frustrated and feeling very fat.
- A friend is visiting next week, and I am incredibly excited to see her. We saw each other briefly when I was in San Francisco is 2006, but haven't really been able to see each other since 2005. She was one of my closest friends, part of my high school group, and it will be lovely.
- Remind me to tell you all how I keep getting hit on at In N Out. It is odd.
- Has anyone heard about geocaching? Click here to find out exactly what it is, but I am intrigued! I want to go out and do some around my neighbourhood, but I unfortunately do not have a GPS system. Mayhapsly I'll figure out a way around it.
- Labor Day weekend was quite good, relaxing and pleasant. Sunday was the closest I've ever had to a perfect day: spent with one of my best friends, we had a picnic in Balboa Park and watched all the people walk around. We walked through a bunch of the art studios on Spanish Village, finished out the afternoon with a leisurely walk through the park and some Japanese Cherry tea in the Japanese Gardens. After, we went downtown and walked around, poking in and out of stores and generally having a nice time. We went to dinner at BJs Brewery (if you ever go, get the flatbread pizzas. SO YUMMY.) and then watched a movie at her place. Plus, we got the best parking spaces everywhere we went. Perfection? I think so!
How are you guys doing? How was your weekend?