Friday, October 1, 2010
For the first time in about 3 months, I have a weekend with nothing to do--and that is how I am going to keep it. I can't take much more of this running around and being stressed out. Especially since in about 2 weeks, it gets to start back up with my brother's birthday, continue into one of my best friend's birthdays, and then the next thing I know it is going to be full-fledged Holiday Time! Simultaneously the best and worst time ever, in my opinion.
So, any other Southern Californian falling sick due to this fucked up weather? Because seriously, as if my immune system wasn't messed up enough, this week started in the high-90 degrees, rose all the way to 112 degrees, and then two days later it was in the 80s with craaazy rainfall! And I mean full on thunder storms, lightning, windshield wipers on blast rain...and then you step outside and it's hot. Do you understand how hard it is to dress for rainy weather when it's hot as death outside? Terrible.
Anyhow, I've got to finish lunch and head back to work, so...Fill-in-the-Blank Friday time!
|Link up here!|
2. The most surreal moment of my life was walking across the stage at university graduation. I was so happy and stressed and confused and worried. So much work and effort and heartache had happened to get me to that point, it was hard to believe I'd actually succeeded. I still feel as though my diploma is one big joke (it doesn't help that Arnold Schwarzenegger has signed it).
3. My favorite texture is uhhh...I have no idea. Something soft and pleasing? Yeah. Sure. That.
4. My signature color is grey or red, depending on what it's for.
5. My signature style is comfortable and functional. I'm really not a fashion girl, and I dress for the weather and situation. My only real add-ons are jewelry and a scarf, if it's cold out.
6. If I could choose one store to spend my life savings at, it would be Macy's. Because that's preeeetty much the only place I've ever been able to find decent jeans.
7. My best thing about autumn is EVERYTHING. I love the crisp air, the changing colors, the anticipation of holidays and colder weather, getting to wear scarves and boots and cute peacoats. Autumn means the beginning of the end to a good year (hopefully) and the hope for an amazing new one. Autumn is snuggling under a blanket for the first time in months.