Friday, October 29, 2010
|Link up here!|
2. My most memorable Halloween costume was in 2nd grade, I dressed up as an Indian. Pocahontas had just come out on Disney (either that year or the year before, can't quite remember) and it was super "in" to try to be like her. But the reason I remember this most is because the only other girl named Ashley in my grade decided to be Pocahontas too (after I'd told everyone who I was going to be) and her costume was WAY more Pocahontas than mine. But I was the one who actually looked like her (I had straight long black hair and tan skin and sang all the time; other Ashley had short dirty blonde hair and was ivory white). So, I was super jealous and mad ahaha.
3. For Halloween this year I'm going to be nothing - I haven't dressed up since I was 9. I'm kind of a party pooper.
4. I've always wanted to dress up as Morticia from Addams Family. She just seems so fun to do!
5. Halloween free association! bats, spiderwebs, jack o' lanterns, pumpkins, candy!
6. The worst thing about Halloween is having to see incredibly slutty girls walking around, and then douche-y guys taking advantage of it. I get the idea of having the chance to be someone you're not, but really...what does being a slut accomplish?
7. The best thing about Halloween is seeing other costumes. There are some seriously creative people out there! I love seeing well-made ones (best so far: Wicket the Ewok, Jack from Jack In The Box, a non-slutty Strawberry Shortcake), ones that are so original and/or cool that I don't care if they're a bit shabby (including: Dick in a Box [which was slightly disturbing] and a family dressed as Mary Poppins, Burt the Chimney Sweep and their kid one of the dancing penguins!), and as gross as they may be, even the disgusting ones are entertaining (so far the one that takes the cake is a man who was dressed as a priest -- complete with a huge rosary around his neck -- hitting on my friend and inviting her to see that he was commando under his robes).