Some November and December things

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Well kids, in case you missed the NaNo post - I did it! I hit 50,000 words on November 21 (probably Nov. 22, it was late in the night/early in the morning). I'm officially going to validate my novel today at 2pm since I wanted to get as much done as I could in the deadline. As I type, my current word count is: 67,556. So hurrah!

I meant to post up my nails every week, but failed on that - which means a mass photo dump at the end of this post of all the ways I've worn all my nails this month. It's sad how many times I've changed it.

Because I am seriously the worst at time and math and all of that, I'm letting everyone know in advance that I'll be a guest poster over at Girl With Curls!  My post of 10 Christmas Things That Make Me Happy will be up on Friday - HOWEVER, it will be posted up at 1pm Australian Eastern Standard Time. Which confuses the crap out of me as to the time here PST...if my math is right (HA!), it's roughly ~13 hours time difference. Which means it'll be up at 11pm Thursday for me? Maybe?

THE POINT is that sometime at the end of the week, Jess at Girl With Curls is gracious enough to host my Christmas post, and you must go check it out! She's got an entire Christmas series going while she's on holiday in Melbourne, so I encourage you to go check out her blog at any time - she's cute and awesome and you'll love her.  I'll remind you later, of course.

Does anyone else think all Christmas stuff has started earlier? I know stores were starting in September, but I mean...everyone seems to be in the spirit these days! I honestly feel like I'm one of the last ones without my tree up. Seven houses in my neighbourhood have their houses lit up already, and so many friends on Facebook have put up pics of decorations already. I support it since I've secretly been playing Christmas carols in my car for 3 weeks already, but still...DAMN yo.

Anyway, Happy Wednesday all!  Hope your week's been well and the rest is even better.  Onto the recap of polish!


Essie - Bobbing for Baubles. LOVE the colour, but this was my first time using an Essie polish
and I had the WORST problems with chipping. I paint my nails before I go to bed, and by the time I brushed
my teeth in the morning, a good 5/10 were chipped. Disappointing.
Also, my fingers look SUPER dry, but my camera was too sharply focused and I don't have Photoshop to fix it :(

The only pic I took after I tipped my nails to cover all the chipping. Used China Glaze - Black Diamond as french tips.
(PS. Isn't my Tigger cup adorable?! It's striped inside.)

Dark, but you get the picture. OPI - OP-I love this colour.

A few days later added China Glaze - Twinkle Lights to the cuticle. Nice winter effect!
Crappy photo that doesn't display all the wonderful Christmas-y-ness of the polish, but no worries:
it'll be used tons this Holiday season.

I was trying super hard to get a good photo of this polish because it's so flashy and GORGEOUS. But it's near impossible.
OPI - Warm & Fozzie (Winter/Muppet collection) in the sunlight.

OPI - Warm & Fozzie (from above) in the shade/dark.

And the nails I wore for Thanksgiving (and currently still have - they're chipping like mad though!)
Tape manicure with OPI - Warm & Fozzie and OPI - Romeo & Juliet. Super sparkly.

1 comments:

MzPorsche November 30, 2011 at 7:21 PM  

Hey congrats getting over the 50,000 words mark! and even though i dnt wear nail polish, your colors are pretty cool. my sister would have been a number one fan to your striped polish for sure :)

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP