Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Listening: Let It Snow - Glee Cast (but really Chris Colfer and Darren Criss).
Reading: Dash & Lily's Book of Dares - Rachel Cohn & David Levithan; Sushi For Beginners - Marian Keyes; and One Day - David Nicholls.
Watching: How I Met Your Mother
Wanting: Mindy Kaling's book.
Needing: a direction for my novel. 35,000+ words and nowhere to go as of now.
Missing: two of my best friends who are currently in Poland and Russia :(
Wanderlusting: London. Oh how I miss it so.
NaNoWriMo-Counting: 35,601 words, to be exact.
|Link up here!|
1. What are your pantry staples?
Cereals (staples: Cocoa Krispies, Sugar Smacks, Frosted Flakes, Honey Bunches of Oats, Life), some sort of plain cracker (Ritz or Saltines, pending season), a variety of nuts (for the family, as I don't eat any of that), thin spaghetti pasta, pasta sauce, and probably some expired popcorn. We insist on having it in the house, but none of us really ever eat it. Odd.
2. What are your refrigerator staples?
String cheese, stick butter (unsalted), typical condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayo), a hot sauce (current: Chipotle Tabasco), soda (Coke), yogurt, and eggs.
3. You already look like Heidi Klum (or your favorite supermodel). Now, what are the top three non-physical things you would change about yourself?
I'd stop being so flaky, make myself more of a follow-through kind of person (so many unfinished projects...), and probably stop driving so fast. I don't mind it, but I'm told it's terrifying - who knew?
4. What’s holding you back from your dream job? (If you already have your dream job, how did you get there?)
Experience and my own will. I know I'll get there, I just have to move through the internal demons telling me I won't make it.
5. You have $500 to spend but it has to be on one item only. Go.
A new mattress/bed. Seriously. Mine is super old and European so nothing ever fits it correctly and I've slept in it so long there's a dip where I lay.
6. What is something that you are embarrassed to admit you buy on a regular basis?
Cosmo. I'm not toooooo embarrassed by it, but the weird sex shit on it is kind of weird since I don't...do any of that.
7. What’s in/on your bed every night?
4 pillows, a panda pillow pet, Snowball, a top sheet, and a comforter. All in various states of disarray depending on the temperature.
8. What is a non-necessity item that, no matter how expensive it gets or how tight your budget if, you will always find room for it?
Nail polish. I don't really ever let it get that expensive (refuse to pay >$5), but I still buy it now despite being unemployed. It lasts forever (polish thinner!) and is an instant happy when I need to feel better. I feel like one indulgence is allowed to maintain sanity.
9. What is the weirdest sandwich you’ve ever made?
I probably haven't ever. I'm pretty vanilla when it comes to food since I'm so picky.
10. Would you rather: Be banned from Pinterest forever, but gain a million captive Twitter followers; or, never get on Facebook again but gain five thousand blog readers?
Huh...intriguing! I don't care about the number of Twitter followers really, but I can't give up Facebook because so many friends from my past living situations and countries are connected to me that way. So I guess I'll be giving up Pinterest (*sob*).