Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Seeing as how I've blogged the last two times I was at the Toyota Dealership, I almost feel obligated to now...
So yes. At the Toyota dealership, having my baby Kharr (yes, that is her name; yes, I am that obnoxious; yes, I still love it) get her 100k tune-up. It's a little different this time because I am at the computer station and not looking out at the rest of the floor, so I can't give an entirely interesting and incredibly riveting account of everyone in here.
Life is kind of funny to look back and see where I've been at since the last two tune-ups. From unemployed in that first one, to being depressed about my job and disappointing trajectory of my life in that last one...it's kind of fitting I'd be dead center right now, isn't it?
As you can see from my last post, I quit my job. Half-quit? I'm back down to part-time this month, and they'll keep me as long as there's stuff I have to do or I find something else and can no longer do it. So I'm not really unemployed, but there's still a bit of a sad trajectory of my life right now.
So what have I been up to this last year when I sadly let my blogging fall by the wayside...
- Comic-con 2011! I was lucky to go again this year for a few days, so I'll have to make a post about that. It won't be like last years with three massive posts - but it'll be just as fun, promise.
- Since I finally was making money, I was also spending it (moderately!). I kind of forgot in that year of unemployment how much I love my friends. I went out with them a lot more than I used to, and it was refreshing to see who we are and what we've become. Lots of bar nights, nights out, nights in, dinners, and general time to love each of them.
- Been a baking machine. I started baking a lot in college when I was depressed because it made me feel better and forced me to interact with people since I'd share the cookies. That habit still lingers, but I also love to bake in general. Plus, my office men are always more than happy to consume anything I bring in, so that was fun to experiment around and know it wouldn't go to waste.
- Read a lot. Not as much as I wanted to, but I kept up with it, at least.
- Turned 24. Even though that was back in March, it was still a good time and the first time I really celebrated my birthday. And this year has been ok so far.
- Work. Pretty much anything and everything I did related to work. I'm definitely a workaholic, but my company was really needing the time. Exhausting and frustrating to be working 50-60 hour weeks while being severely underpaid, but it is the way it is.
- Met, got to know, befriended, loved and said good-bye to one of the most amazing people I've ever had the pleasure to know. He was a work friend turned real friend, and we spent a lot of time together. It was never romantic (even with that one night spent in his bed...), and it was never meant to be. We were great friends, and I like that it was never tarnished.