A shortened list of all the crap I tried to blog about this week, but for some reason or another could not. Also, fill in the blank friday!

Friday, May 14, 2010

This is literally the 7th post today that I've tried to write.  If my "Prnt Scrn" button worked, I would totally screencap my Posts and show you all the drafts created.  I don't know why, but I can't seem to form cohesive blog posts; they all start, but then the middle gets fuzzy and tangents start, and then my trusty sarcasm and usage of italics comes in...it's just not pretty.  So what do I do, since I want to make a blog post?

A list, of course!  Did you know some people find lists a turn off?  I've read that some people find it to be a "cop out" post, or that they're ugly, or somehow it's just plain annoying.  Well, suck on this, list-haters, because my blog, my rules, and you can just as easily click that pretty red "x" in the tab or browser or hit "Mark As Read."

(But please don't, because I love all my readers, I swear.)

A List of Things Ashley Tried To Blog About, But Somehow Could Not Finish.
- A certain guy has reappeared in my life, again.  He's a friend, and there's no terrible horrible backstory about him screwing me over or anything of the sort.  He's a great guy, we're just...open-ended, in my opinion, and it's frustrating and annoying that he refuses to let it close.
- Trip to Orange County was relatively successful!  It was The Great Mall Tour of Orange County or something, because I managed to hit up 4 malls in 2 hours.  Including a stop for lunch with two friends, driving time, and one stop at a friend's apartment.  Badass, y'all.  Bad. ASS.
- My best friend from Italy got married on Monday.  I'm very happy for him and his new wife, it's just very strange to picture the boy who used to tug my hair every class period and say "ding dong" as a real man, with a real wife, and a real life.  Very strange.
- Three more engagements have happened this week.  I get that it's wedding season and summer and love and woo! but seriously...please stop.  And as happy as I am for you all (really), I don't need tri-hourly updates via facebook/twitter about your wedding plans, how awesome your fiance is, how happy you are, how pretty your ring is, how it went telling your family, etc.  Please God just make a damn wedding blog and stop cluttering my feeds and spare all of us who do. not. care.
- My library book has been classified as "In Transit" for literally 17 days now.  REALLY, San Diego Public Library?!  Because I could have driven down to Kearny Mesa to get it 17 THOUSAND times by now.  I just want to know how the series ends!  And related to library, my mystery hot library man seems to have disappeared.  Oh fleeting almost-summer-love-but-really-he-was-just-hot...I miss you.

And I usually have a "policy" of not doing two memes in one week, but I wanted to do this one, too, so...I'm just a breakin' all the rules today!

Go here to link up if you participate!
1. The very best thing about summer is laying out on the beach with a good book and good friends, dipping your toes into the cold water and immediately going to happy hour at some mexican food joint after, basking in the suntanned afterglow. And, cold drinks on hot days.

2. My first crush ever was Damien Rezendez in first grade. I would say Scott from kindergarten, but he asked me to marry him first so I think I just liked him because he liked me.  I chased Damien on the playground in Belgium and gave him a kiss on the cheek (which I promptly got in trouble for). I never went through the "ew boys have cooties" phase.

3. This may sound really silly but I'm currently watching an old rerun of Whose Line Is It Anyway? and I'm enjoying it.

4. I squeeze my toothpaste from the center. I know, it's terrible.

5. My absolute favourite "comfort food" is siopao. It's the Filipino version of the steamed bun, lots of Asian cultures have their own variation.  There's just something about the warm bread with yummy meat inside.

6. A random fact about me is that I cover my ears when I flush a toilet. I find the sound to be one of the most terrible noises on earth.

7. The one piece of technology that truly makes my life better and I could not live without is my iPod. Music I love at any time of day anywhere I happen to be.  I lose my phone for days on end without notice, but if I misplace my iPod I think my heart stops.

3 comments:

Vivian May 14, 2010 at 3:33 PM  

In addition to frequent facebook updates about marriage plans, I also want to add baby updates. I get it, your baby took a nap. I DON'T CARE.

Melissa May 14, 2010 at 7:11 PM  

Mmm, siopao! I'm going to be craving that all day now.

Ashley @ Ashley Loves Books May 27, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

@Vivian - tooooo damn true!

@Melissa - I try not to think about siopao too much because I just want it all. the. time!

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP