A shortened list of all the crap I tried to blog about this week, but for some reason or another could not. Also, fill in the blank friday!
Friday, May 14, 2010
This is literally the 7th post today that I've tried to write. If my "Prnt Scrn" button worked, I would totally screencap my Posts and show you all the drafts created. I don't know why, but I can't seem to form cohesive blog posts; they all start, but then the middle gets fuzzy and tangents start, and then my trusty sarcasm and usage of italics comes in...it's just not pretty. So what do I do, since I want to make a blog post?
A list, of course! Did you know some people find lists a turn off? I've read that some people find it to be a "cop out" post, or that they're ugly, or somehow it's just plain annoying. Well, suck on this, list-haters, because my blog, my rules, and you can just as easily click that pretty red "x" in the tab or browser or hit "Mark As Read."
(But please don't, because I love all my readers, I swear.)
A List of Things Ashley Tried To Blog About, But Somehow Could Not Finish.
- A certain guy has reappeared in my life, again. He's a friend, and there's no terrible horrible backstory about him screwing me over or anything of the sort. He's a great guy, we're just...open-ended, in my opinion, and it's frustrating and annoying that he refuses to let it close.
- Trip to Orange County was relatively successful! It was The Great Mall Tour of Orange County or something, because I managed to hit up 4 malls in 2 hours. Including a stop for lunch with two friends, driving time, and one stop at a friend's apartment. Badass, y'all. Bad. ASS.
- My best friend from Italy got married on Monday. I'm very happy for him and his new wife, it's just very strange to picture the boy who used to tug my hair every class period and say "ding dong" as a real man, with a real wife, and a real life. Very strange.
- Three more engagements have happened this week. I get that it's wedding season and summer and love and woo! but seriously...please stop. And as happy as I am for you all (really), I don't need tri-hourly updates via facebook/twitter about your wedding plans, how awesome your fiance is, how happy you are, how pretty your ring is, how it went telling your family, etc. Please God just make a damn wedding blog and stop cluttering my feeds and spare all of us who do. not. care.
- My library book has been classified as "In Transit" for literally 17 days now. REALLY, San Diego Public Library?! Because I could have driven down to Kearny Mesa to get it 17 THOUSAND times by now. I just want to know how the series ends! And related to library, my mystery hot library man seems to have disappeared. Oh fleeting almost-summer-love-but-really-he-was-just-hot...I miss you.
And I usually have a "policy" of not doing two memes in one week, but I wanted to do this one, too, so...I'm just a breakin' all the rules today!
|Go here to link up if you participate!|
2. My first crush ever was Damien Rezendez in first grade. I would say Scott from kindergarten, but he asked me to marry him first so I think I just liked him because he liked me. I chased Damien on the playground in Belgium and gave him a kiss on the cheek (which I promptly got in trouble for). I never went through the "ew boys have cooties" phase.
3. This may sound really silly but I'm currently watching an old rerun of Whose Line Is It Anyway? and I'm enjoying it.
4. I squeeze my toothpaste from the center. I know, it's terrible.
5. My absolute favourite "comfort food" is siopao. It's the Filipino version of the steamed bun, lots of Asian cultures have their own variation. There's just something about the warm bread with yummy meat inside.
6. A random fact about me is that I cover my ears when I flush a toilet. I find the sound to be one of the most terrible noises on earth.
7. The one piece of technology that truly makes my life better and I could not live without is my iPod. Music I love at any time of day anywhere I happen to be. I lose my phone for days on end without notice, but if I misplace my iPod I think my heart stops.