Saturday, May 22, 2010
|I was trying to find a pic of my phone to put in here, but then I ran across this and became obsessed with the straw and had to post it. It still counts because there's a BB in the picture!|
02. I am watching Bring It On (thanks USA channel for airing turn-of-the-millennium movies!)and still laugh that my high school's cheerleaders are in it. Their part is so comical to me (even though it's really not).
03. One of my local libraries had a large book sale these past 3 days and it has been detrimental on my bank account. But how could I possibly turn down books for 50 cents or $1?! Five new books have been acquired at my house for the fee of $4.50. And I may go back tomorrow. And yeah, $4.50 is classified in my world as "detrimental to my bank account."
04. Remember the two outfielders mentioned in my Shadowed By A W(ang) post? In an odd coincidence, I ran into both of them yesterday! Not surprisingly, both were smoking at the time. But I have to say, it's kind of nice to know some things don't change.
05. My mother and I spent 3 hours reading on a couch in Borders, and it was an absolutely lovely time. We also thumbed through a "What Your Birthday Says About You" book for shits and giggles, and it was a surprisingly accurate account of us (plus my dad and brother). I'm not saying my mom and I really do believe in astrology and numerology and all that stuff, but...when I hit on you and ask hey baby, what's your sign, I probably actually want to know.
06. Saturday is my grandfather's birthday: Happy Birthday Grandpa! A celebratory birthday dinner is happening at my grandparent's casa, so I get to see my family again. This may be more of the extended family though, so it should be...weird. 12 people is manageable, but when it extends past 20, it gets kind of crazy in the house. As entertaining as my aunts, uncles and other cousins are, I'm not sure I'll be in the mood to handle it all.
07. Lastly but never least, the amazing Tasha has given me a bloggy award! I implore you to check out her blog; I remember the first time I ran across it, I immediately saw pictures of books and yummy pizza and then a whole post devoted to the Google logos (which I happen to love as well! Did we all see the interactive Pac-Man logo for yesterday? So awesome). I mean, if that is not entirely endearing and an instant follow, I don't know what is. And ever since, I've grown to love her even more.
other award so nicely given to me, I'm deferring passing along until I can properly interact in the blogosphere again.
And secret sneak-up number 08. Happy Weekend everyone! I hope it's absolutely fantastic :)