blackberry-less but still having a lovely time. with a bloggy award, too!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

I was trying to find a pic of my phone to put in here, but then I ran across this and became obsessed with the straw and had to post it.  It still counts because there's a BB in the picture!
01. My BlackBerry has met its end (insert extreme sad face here).  We're not actually sure if it has officially died; there's a chance it's just the battery, but two of the three test batteries we managed to procure did not work.  So, new battery is being shipped, and come Monday I shall know if my BB has returned to me.  On a related note, did you know neither Best Buy nor AT&T sell BlackBerry batteries in store?!  What is wrong with them??  Verizon does, but at the lovely cost of $40.  Um, that's literally quadruple the amount of the replacement phone I'm using (I actually mean literally.  And before people go on accusing me of having such a cheap phone, hey man...it's the family spare, and so far it's held up for at least 2 years total time of use.  That's more than my BlackBerry did).

02. I am watching Bring It On (thanks USA channel for airing turn-of-the-millennium movies!)and still laugh that my high school's cheerleaders are in it.  Their part is so comical to me (even though it's really not).

03. One of my local libraries had a large book sale these past 3 days and it has been detrimental on my bank account.  But how could I possibly turn down books for 50 cents or $1?!  Five new books have been acquired at my house for the fee of $4.50.  And I may go back tomorrow. And yeah, $4.50 is classified in my world as "detrimental to my bank account."

04. Remember the two outfielders mentioned in my Shadowed By A W(ang) post?  In an odd coincidence, I ran into both of them yesterday!  Not surprisingly, both were smoking at the time.  But I have to say, it's kind of nice to know some things don't change.

05. My mother and I spent 3 hours reading on a couch in Borders, and it was an absolutely lovely time.  We also thumbed through a "What Your Birthday Says About You" book for shits and giggles, and it was a surprisingly accurate account of us (plus my dad and brother).  I'm not saying my mom and I really do believe in astrology and numerology and all that stuff, but...when I hit on you and ask hey baby, what's your sign, I probably actually want to know.

06.  Saturday is my grandfather's birthday: Happy Birthday Grandpa!  A celebratory birthday dinner is happening at my grandparent's casa, so I get to see my family again.  This may be more of the extended family though, so it should be...weird.  12 people is manageable, but when it extends past 20, it gets kind of crazy in the house.  As entertaining as my aunts, uncles and other cousins are, I'm not sure I'll be in the mood to handle it all.

07.  Lastly but never least, the amazing Tasha has given me a bloggy award!  I implore you to check out her blog; I remember the first time I ran across it, I immediately saw pictures of books and yummy pizza and then a whole post devoted to the Google logos (which I happen to love as well!  Did we all see the interactive Pac-Man logo for yesterday? So awesome).  I mean, if that is not entirely endearing and an instant follow, I don't know what is.  And ever since, I've grown to love her even more.
The award also dictates that it has to be passed along to 12 people, but I've seen the award on others' blogs and the number seems to change.  So, because I'm lame like this and did this for the other award so nicely given to me, I'm deferring passing along until I can properly interact in the blogosphere again. 

And secret sneak-up number 08. Happy Weekend everyone!  I hope it's absolutely fantastic :)

1 comments:

Melissa May 24, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

Wait, your high school's cheerleaders were in Bring It On? I was watching it this weekend (it's one of my guiltiest pleasures) -- what part are they in??

Hope you had a smashing good weekend! Also, just wanted to let you know that there's an award waiting for you on my newest blog post: http://tastingtouchinghearingseeing.blogspot.com/2010/05/look-more-flowers.html

You're piling up the awards here! I know you're not ready to pass on awards yet, but I wanted to give it to you anyway :)

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP