Fair warning, readers: This post contains a picture of me. And some fill in the blanks!

Friday, April 30, 2010

And by a picture of me, I mean a terrible, horrible, no good very bad sleep-the-night-before picture.

You'll see in a few seconds.

I'm a terrible bloggy friend.  I respond to comments, but I always do it late (I have a habit of checking my email the moment I wake up, so I'm not in any sort of state to form cohesive, sensible responses).  And by late, I mean months later.  I don't know what it is, and I'm trying harder at it.  But with all the bloglazy I've gone through this month, I have fallen embarrassingly far behind.

That in mind...I got a blog award!  From the super amazing David, whose blog I insist you visit because it is also super amazing and one of my favourites--and let's face it, whose opinions can you trust more than mine?  That's right: no one.  So, I'm incredibly thankful, and this is serious y'all--it has rules with it, too!


The rules for this one:
1. Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER.
2. Choose ONE of the following options for accepting the OMB! award:
(a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus.
(b) Write about your most embarrassing moment.
(c) Write a "Soundtrack of your childhood" blog.
(d) Make your next blog a "vlog", or video blog. Basically, you talking to the camera about whatever.
(e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (makeup, brush hair, pee, etc.) and post it.
3. Pass the award on to at least three, but preferably more, awesome bloggers like yourself. Don't forget to tell them (duh).

1. Believe me, it happened.  You missed the party.
2. Here's the thing: I don't get drunk and I don't have the means to make a vlog, so those two were out.  My most embarrassing moment relates to being sick and I've had enough of that this month; and the soundtrack to my childhood is the entire discography of Boyz II Men, Queen, Elton John, The Police, Michael Jackson, Ace of Base and All-4-One.  So, I'm pretty much defaulted to the picture of myself first thing in the morning.  It ain't pretty kids.  I slept for maybe 4 hours, and those measly hours were quite fitful. I was considering putting off the picture until the next day, but I'd already taken so much time since getting the award that I just sucked it up.
You see that awful double bag under one eye and the massive bag under the other?!  Yeah. Pitiful. I am going to be so wrinkly when I'm old...*sigh*  And consider yourself special, because few pictures after 2006 exist of me without glasses.

What disturbs me most is that...I don't do much else to my appearance before I go out.  I'm totally that girl who can roll out of bed and walk out the door without a second thought.  I don't wear make-up, except the occasional eyeliner and mascara (I don't even own any aside from that).  Just add glasses and we have my every day look.  I even took a picture later in the day for comparison's sake.
Hair is damp and unbrushed--apologies.
You would think this would compel me to put more consideration in my daily appearance, but...ehhh.  Maybe one day I will, but for now I'm ok like this.  Did I purposely post this on a Friday, when I know a lot of people don't/won't read blogs before the weekend so theoretically less people will see my horrid sleep deprived self?  Perhaps.  But aside from the small vain moments, I'm ok for now.

As for 3. I feel like I haven't been active enough in the bloggy world lately to really pick and choose people to pass it along to, so imma cheat a bit and defer passing it along until later when I'm fully returned to interacting.

Lastly, because I don't participate in enough blog memes (sarcasm font), I thought I'd participate in Fill-In-the-Blank Friday!  I've been a longtime follower of the little things we do and figured it is high time to join in the fun.  Similar to ToT, head over to her blog and link up if you participate, too!

1. My absolute favourite movie of all time is The Sound of Music.  I know, I know, I get ridiculed all the time, but it holds such a dear place in my heart I can never let it go.

2. My favourite movie as a child was The Sound of Music.  Wait, can I use that twice?  Also Beauty and the Beast and Toy Story.  And The Sandlot, The Mighty Ducks, and Hook.

3. The best movie quote ever is from The Breakfast Club.  "Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place."

4. My favourite actress is __________ and my favourite actor is ____________.  I don't really choose favourites in actors...I will love Denzel Washington for all my life and highly respect Matt Damon, but I don't know if I can label them with favourite.  As for actresses, I tend to favor Kate Winslet (I've never seen all of Titanic though, so don't go pushing that on me) and Sandra Bullock, but again...no favourites.  If I want to be Meryl Streep, does that make her it?

5. The movie I could watch over and over again is You've Got Mail and Pride & Prejudice (the Keira Knightley version).  Seriously, I think I've watched both at least six times each this past month.

6. My favorite movie genre is dependent upon my mood.  Normally I'm always down for comedy, but sometimes I just need a good romantic comedy or drama.

7. A movie I'd like to watch this weekend is Date Night, Bright Star or Precious.  The latter two are waiting in my computer to be watched, I just haven't gotten to it yet.  And I'd more than likely go gay for Tina Fey in a heartbeat, so of course I want to see her movie.  OH and I just realized, I do need to watch Les Poupees Russes (the French film follow-up to L'auberge Espagnole, arguably the best French film ever.  Yeah, I'm lookin' at you, Amelie.) because it's due at the library on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Whitney April 30, 2010 at 11:50 AM  

yay for the sound of music! That is definitely one of my favorites too but everyone in my family makes fun of me for it.

Have a great weekend :)

Melissa April 30, 2010 at 1:39 PM  

You look radiant! No apologies necessary.

Just stopping in to wish you a good weekend :)

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP