Friday, April 30, 2010
And by a picture of me, I mean a terrible, horrible, no good very bad sleep-the-night-before picture.
You'll see in a few seconds.
I'm a terrible bloggy friend. I respond to comments, but I always do it late (I have a habit of checking my email the moment I wake up, so I'm not in any sort of state to form cohesive, sensible responses). And by late, I mean months later. I don't know what it is, and I'm trying harder at it. But with all the bloglazy I've gone through this month, I have fallen embarrassingly far behind.
That in mind...I got a blog award! From the super amazing David, whose blog I insist you visit because it is also super amazing and one of my favourites--and let's face it, whose opinions can you trust more than mine? That's right: no one. So, I'm incredibly thankful, and this is serious y'all--it has rules with it, too!
The rules for this one:
1. Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER.
2. Choose ONE of the following options for accepting the OMB! award:
(a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus.
(b) Write about your most embarrassing moment.
(c) Write a "Soundtrack of your childhood" blog.
(d) Make your next blog a "vlog", or video blog. Basically, you talking to the camera about whatever.
(e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (makeup, brush hair, pee, etc.) and post it.
3. Pass the award on to at least three, but preferably more, awesome bloggers like yourself. Don't forget to tell them (duh).
1. Believe me, it happened. You missed the party.
2. Here's the thing: I don't get drunk and I don't have the means to make a vlog, so those two were out. My most embarrassing moment relates to being sick and I've had enough of that this month; and the soundtrack to my childhood is the entire discography of Boyz II Men, Queen, Elton John, The Police, Michael Jackson, Ace of Base and All-4-One. So, I'm pretty much defaulted to the picture of myself first thing in the morning. It ain't pretty kids. I slept for maybe 4 hours, and those measly hours were quite fitful. I was considering putting off the picture until the next day, but I'd already taken so much time since getting the award that I just sucked it up.
|You see that awful double bag under one eye and the massive bag under the other?! Yeah. Pitiful. I am going to be so wrinkly when I'm old...*sigh* And consider yourself special, because few pictures after 2006 exist of me without glasses.|
What disturbs me most is that...I don't do much else to my appearance before I go out. I'm totally that girl who can roll out of bed and walk out the door without a second thought. I don't wear make-up, except the occasional eyeliner and mascara (I don't even own any aside from that). Just add glasses and we have my every day look. I even took a picture later in the day for comparison's sake.
|Hair is damp and unbrushed--apologies.|
As for 3. I feel like I haven't been active enough in the bloggy world lately to really pick and choose people to pass it along to, so imma cheat a bit and defer passing it along until later when I'm fully returned to interacting.
Lastly, because I don't participate in enough blog memes (sarcasm font), I thought I'd participate in Fill-In-the-Blank Friday! I've been a longtime follower of the little things we do and figured it is high time to join in the fun. Similar to ToT, head over to her blog and link up if you participate, too!
1. My absolute favourite movie of all time is The Sound of Music. I know, I know, I get ridiculed all the time, but it holds such a dear place in my heart I can never let it go.
2. My favourite movie as a child was The Sound of Music. Wait, can I use that twice? Also Beauty and the Beast and Toy Story. And The Sandlot, The Mighty Ducks, and Hook.
3. The best movie quote ever is from The Breakfast Club. "Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place."
4. My favourite actress is __________ and my favourite actor is ____________. I don't really choose favourites in actors...I will love Denzel Washington for all my life and highly respect Matt Damon, but I don't know if I can label them with favourite. As for actresses, I tend to favor Kate Winslet (I've never seen all of Titanic though, so don't go pushing that on me) and Sandra Bullock, but again...no favourites. If I want to be Meryl Streep, does that make her it?
5. The movie I could watch over and over again is You've Got Mail and Pride & Prejudice (the Keira Knightley version). Seriously, I think I've watched both at least six times each this past month.
6. My favorite movie genre is dependent upon my mood. Normally I'm always down for comedy, but sometimes I just need a good romantic comedy or drama.
7. A movie I'd like to watch this weekend is Date Night, Bright Star or Precious. The latter two are waiting in my computer to be watched, I just haven't gotten to it yet. And I'd more than likely go gay for Tina Fey in a heartbeat, so of course I want to see her movie. OH and I just realized, I do need to watch Les Poupees Russes (the French film follow-up to L'auberge Espagnole, arguably the best French film ever. Yeah, I'm lookin' at you, Amelie.) because it's due at the library on Tuesday.