Tuesday, April 27, 2010
It's been awhile, my lovelies. But I think I'm finally back, and back to a blogging state of mind. Which I'm glad for, because I've missed writing. And you!
Things have been kinda wacky around the house right now, lots of cleaning and reorganizing and switching schedules and chaos and whatnot so I'm in the middle of a small project. I figured I'd do the Ten on Tuesday to ease back into blogging, and then Wednesday I will recommence with actual posts. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and the beginning of the week has been well!
1. Think back a decade, do you remember what your first cellphone was? Was it as cool as Zack Morris’s phone?
2. What is the first children’s book you remember being read to you?
I remember The Twitches by Roald Dahl, Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Siverstein, and this one book where it's a Native American girl whose tribe is in trouble because of drought, and while they were all trying to figure out how to save it, she went atop a hill and offered the gods her doll and the last sprig of some flower. Because her sacrifice was from the heart, the gods heard and helped out the village. I don't remember the name of it or if that's the exact story, but the gist is there. (And I've just Googled and figured out it is called The Legend of the Bluebonnet.)
3. What was your first car? Did you love it or hate it?
My first car is my current car (2004 Toyota Corolla), and I adoreeeeee my baby. I got her when I turned 19, and if I could drive her for the rest of my life, I seriously would.
4. Who was your hero growing up?
Julie Andrews. Well, more like Maria from Sound of Music, and it eventually evolved into Julie Andrews. And Josephine March from Little Women, who is still very real to me.
5. Think back to your first kiss. Was it everything you dreamed of?
Please refer to this post.
6. What was your first BAD hairstyle choice? (Extra points for embarrassing photos)
I've never really had a real hairstyle. It's always just been really long...like, REALLY long. It was literally to my knees at one point, which was a bad choice (like milk...). Now I just wear it slightly layered and still long (though now to a couple inches above my waist). Nothing's really changed.
7. What was your first realistic dream? (One where you had to think “Oh dang, was that a dream?”)
I don't remember my first realistic dream...they've always been pretty realistic though. There was one where one of my best friends from Belgium moved to Italy in my dream; it was so real, I was absolutely crushed when I woke up and realized it hadn't happened.
8. What was the first phobia you remember developing?
9. Which character on Sesame Street do you most identify with?
I don't know about identify with, but I was always drawn to Big Bird.
10. What was the hardest goal you ever accomplished?
Finishing college in 4 years. There were a lot of factors going against me, both personally and academically. It was a feat, I assure you.