Ten on Tuesday! Volume 13

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's been awhile, my lovelies.  But I think I'm finally back, and back to a blogging state of mind.  Which I'm glad for, because I've missed writing.  And you!

Things have been kinda wacky around the house right now, lots of cleaning and reorganizing and switching schedules and chaos and whatnot so I'm in the middle of a small project.  I figured I'd do the Ten on Tuesday to ease back into blogging, and then Wednesday I will recommence with actual posts.  I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and the beginning of the week has been well!

1.  Think back a decade, do you remember what your first cellphone was? Was it as cool as Zack Morris’s phone?

It was the typical red brick of a Nokia phone.  Mine was red and my brother's was green, so it was like Christmas when our phones were together!

2. What is the first children’s book you remember being read to you?
I remember The Twitches by Roald Dahl, Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Siverstein, and this one book where it's a Native American girl whose tribe is in trouble because of drought, and while they were all trying to figure out how to save it, she went atop a hill and offered the gods her doll and the last sprig of some flower.  Because her sacrifice was from the heart, the gods heard and helped out the village.  I don't remember the name of it or if that's the exact story, but the gist is there.  (And I've just Googled and figured out it is called The Legend of the Bluebonnet.)

3. What was your first car? Did you love it or hate it?
My first car is my current car (2004 Toyota Corolla), and I adoreeeeee my baby.  I got her when I turned 19, and if I could drive her for the rest of my life, I seriously would.

4. Who was your hero growing up?
Julie Andrews.  Well, more like Maria from Sound of Music, and it eventually evolved into Julie Andrews.  And Josephine March from Little Women, who is still very real to me.

5. Think back to your first kiss. Was it everything you dreamed of?
Please refer to this post.

6.  What was your first BAD hairstyle choice? (Extra points for embarrassing photos)
I've never really had a real hairstyle.  It's always just been really long...like, REALLY long.  It was literally to my knees at one point, which was a bad choice (like milk...). Now I just wear it slightly layered and still long (though now to a couple inches above my waist).  Nothing's really changed.

7. What was your first realistic dream? (One where you had to think “Oh dang, was that a dream?”)
I don't remember my first realistic dream...they've always been pretty realistic though.  There was one where one of my best friends from Belgium moved to Italy in my dream; it was so real, I was absolutely crushed when I woke up and realized it hadn't happened.

8. What was the first phobia you remember developing?
Spiders.  Always.

9. Which character on Sesame Street do you most identify with?
I don't know about identify with, but I was always drawn to Big Bird.

10. What was the hardest goal you ever accomplished?
Finishing college in 4 years.  There were a lot of factors going against me, both personally and academically.  It was a feat, I assure you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP