A Visual Entry of My Browser

Monday, April 12, 2010

Whenever I run across a picture or a post or website that I really like, I tend to keep it open in my browser (I am the primo user of tabs, my friends).  I just can't stand to close it.  It's not like I look at the page/pic/post all the time, I just like knowing that it's there, a singular click away for when I do want to return.  The downside of this is that it slows down my computer to have so many tabs open, especially when the pages are picture heavy.

Since I've had the same browser open for 4 days now and it is turning my computer into a dinosaur, I thought I'd make a post that seems as though I'm just sharing my current interests but also doubles as a way to document the tabs without having them open.  Hooray for pictures!

I blame weheartit for this one, because I saw one of the photos and had to know where it came from--so I clicked the link.  And it brought me to a page that I understood absolutely nothing of (I think it was in Russian, but I can't be sure) except for the title saying "Sony World Photography Awards 2008".  So...I can assume it's from the Sony World Photography Awards?  I guess?  Whatever the reason, this is a sample of the pictures they have up.  Click if you'd like to see the rest (which I highly recommend), though be warned that a couple images and several of the sidebar ads are NSFW.




Cute Things Falling Asleep.  Oh yes, you know you're in trouble just by the name of the blog. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a big pet/animal person (sorry!), but even these melt my heart--especially that second video I posted; make sure to watch it all the way to the end!  I know you can scour YouTube for these and find a plethora, but an entire blog dedicated to some of the cutest animals (and sometimes people babies, too) fighting sleep and failing...agh.  ADORABLE.  Just the header on the blog wins me over.

Carlsbad, CA
I have this secret obsession with"dream" homes and estates.  I think everyone can look at some and get a feeling of want, but I love looking at the architecture and the design, too.  Which makes it incredibly dangerous when I'm on Dream Homes Magazine and Architectural Digest, because I spend hours looking and finding and inspiration-boarding.  And then I found the listings for Dream Houses in San Diego, which became responsible for 12 tabs...it's almost an addiction.  The above and the three following I love the architecture and exterior design of:
Coronado, CA

La Jolla, CA
I actually know this house, it's in the suburb I live in! (Which is why I won't write the location).  The picture doesn't do it justice, it's a gorgeous house with a beautiful location.  I trick-or-treated at it when I was in 10th grade :)
And I'm a little obsessed with the interior design of these (click to enlarge):
Rancho Santa Fe, CA

Rancho Santa Fe, CA -- and I actually think I've been in this house when it was first built.  It's even more stunning than it looks in the photos.
A friend of mine let me borrow the 1940s version of Pride & Prejudice, and despite the fact they did change some of the book, I really enjoyed it!  I have a hard time deciding between the 3 versions I've seen (2005 Keira Knightly version; BBC miniseries with Colin Firth; and now 1940s with Greer Garson).  I'll be first to admit that I, along with most other women, am in love with Mr. Darcy, so any actor will probably get a little leeway that might not normally be there.  But Laurence Olivier deeeefinitely played him well, in my opinion.  Such a classic man.

Click to see the rest of the Illustrated Cities series!
And lastly, this is an artist I've talked about before, but every time I see her work I love it even more: Blanca Gomez of Cosas Minimas.  Her recent Illustrated Cities series is so cute and fun!  According to her blog, these were done for a project, but I do hope she illustrates other cities as well! (So far she has done London, New York and Paris.)

1 comments:

Stephany April 12, 2010 at 6:41 PM  

Those are some beautiful homes! I don't think I would enjoy living in a home that majestic, though. I'm need comfort! :)

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP