Sunday, May 2, 2010
- Today was very peaceful. The Carlsbad Village Street Faire (which is apparently the largest single-day vendor fair in the nation) was going on, in which myself and one of my best friends decided to drive out to. Seriously, it is MASSIVE. You see how long the fair goes, and you think, "Wow, that is long"...and then you realize there are offshoot streets from it every block. And then you realize there are offshoot streets from the offshoot streets, all of which have vendors. It was crowded and a bit hectic, but it was still very...nice. There's really no other word for it. Beautiful weather, entertaining people, interesting surroundings...it was just nice.
- A Ritz cracker package took me so long to open just now that my train of thought was absolutely lost, and whatever was planned for the second bullet point is gone with the wind. Darn.
- Outings have successfully been had the entire week despite the hive. It is a distinct accomplishment that walking outside has happened.
-Dilemma. My twitter is locked so who sees my tweets can be controlled by me. Acceptance is given to anyone who requests it, but it is nice to know who exactly can see them all--and, if need be, take that option away. Reason being my exact location is sometimes tweeted. This blog does not expressly display the name of my suburb--it simply says San Diego, and on occasion my general area is referenced. But my choice to not employ the same "security" on Twitter is because tweet conversations with real life friends reference places around my home. Simply stated, Twitter is personal; my blog is public. The problem is that several jobs hiring in my field request access to applicant's Twitter accounts since they involve Social Media--meaning mine will have to go public. Something artfully avoided since my entrance into the Twitter World in 2008. Before it is suggested, two Twitter accounts will not happen; it is a hard enough time managing two forays into the social media world, there is zero chance success will be had managing multiple accounts. The obvious solution would be to stop tweeting exact locations, but it's unfair that my responses to friends will have to be restricted. So many facets of my life are protected, it would be nice to keep one open.
- Watching Kobe Bryant in press conferences keeps increasing my dislike of him. His expression and attitude are completely irksome.
- A "secret experiment" is being done this entire week by me. But really it's more of a "secret challenge" just to see if it can be done...and it is fudging hard. Said experiment/challenge is taking place here on the blog and on my Twitter (how many times can "Twitter" be said in one blog post?!*); the latter having been started Friday early morning, and the former having started with this post! This is a very strange bullet mark, as none of you really have no idea what is being spoken of, but that's ok...more fun for me!
- Utterly exhausted after 4 hours of sleep last night and the events of today. Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!
*Apparently "Twitter" can be said 8 times. Well, 9.