Ten on Tuesday! Volume 14

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I am spending the day back in Orange County, so I have quickly whipped up this week's Ten on Tuesday; regular/normal posting to resume Wednesday or Thursday!

1. What was your high school superlative (if you didn’t have one- what would it have been)?
Unless they have one for Most Invasive/Probably Knows Your Biz-niss (Even If You Don't Want Her To), I probably wouldn't have gotten one.  I was the journalism girl, and happy as it.  A couple handfuls wrote me in for Best Hair, but that's just because it was ridiculously long.

2. What sports did you play in high school?
HA--oh, I'm sorry, I was imagining me moving and being active.  Sure. Believe you me, sports played zero part of my life unless I had to edit an article concerning one of them or write the Athletes of the Month feature.

3.  What was the best part about your wedding (if you’re not married yet, what are you looking forward to)?
I'm kind of...not a girl. Because I don't think about my wedding.  I have a drafted post about how up until a year or so ago, I didn't even think I'd get married.  There are lot of details about weddings I like, but I don't really ever think or plan mine.  I know a lot of girls who pretty much have all theirs done with just Insert-Groom-Here left, but...meh.  Seriously, if it ever happens, I love decorating and planning decorations.  I'm sure I'll be driven absolutely batty with all the details, but I look forward to conceptualizing the theme/decor.  YEP, of all wedding things, it's that.  I can tell you I'm not looking forward to writing vows, because I'm way wordy and can't be concise for anything. (As evidenced by this response.  Sigh.)

4. It’s your last meal– what Appetizer, Soup, Salad, Entree and Dessert would you choose?
Shoot man, that's depressing.  Um...in order: authentic bruschetta, no soup (bleh), caprese salad (IT COUNTS), pizza margherita (the authentic, legit Italian kind, not this sorry American excuse for pizza), and a simple Liege Waffle from Belgium (NOT to be mistaken for a Belgian/Brussels Waffle).

5.  What song is your guilty pleasure?
Only one? Oh Lawd...I have an entire playlist called "Be Ashamed" for this. How about...Demi Lovato - Catch Me.

6.  What is your favorite professional sports team, and why do you like them?
I'm not really diehard fan for anyone, but of course I cheer the SD Chargers and SD Padres.  I have a soft spot for the Anaheim Angels (and no, MLB, I refuse to call them their current league name, fuckyouverymuch).  I can tell you I definitely do not support the Yankees (sorry Sarah, it will never change), the Dodgers or the SF Giants; nor the Oakland Raiders (BOO I HATE YOU FOREVER RAIDER NATION), Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, or SF 49ers.  And even though I hate basketball, I will never, ever, ever support the Lakers.

7.  What is your favorite reality show and why do you like it?
So You Think You Can Dance.  Because it's dancing, and storytelling, and amazing choreographers who I would love to work with (even though I don't dance anymore...details, details), and normal people, and sometimes even people I know and am friends with.

8. How would you classify your home decorating style (modern, classic, french country)?
Deeefinitely classic.  Victorian or French, mostly...a bit of Tudor style (but I don't like patterns, so...that's limiting), and for sure Georgian architectural elements.  Yeah, pretty much let me live in an Austen or Alcott novel, and I'll be good.

9. Pizza- deep dish or thin crust? White sauce or red sauce? What toppings?
Thin crust, red sauce, fresh round mozzarella, some basil and a bit of olive oil...best. ever.  But if I have to stop being a pompous a-hole about pizza (it will never happen), I can settle for a regular crust, red sauce, cheese with bacon and onion pizza.

10.  Favorite weekend getaway within a two hour driving radius?
I guess it depends on my mood, but I'd have to say Laguna Beach/Corona del Mar or Los Angeles.  One's relaxing, the other is entertaining.

4 comments:

Vivian May 11, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

Demi Lovato?! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Melissa May 12, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

OMG Demi. Love her. In a "I know I'm too old for this" way.

TheBigShowAtUD May 13, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

mmm, i'll eat what you're eating, please.

Ashley @ Ashley Loves Books May 27, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

Vivian and Melissa, I love the difference in comments ahaha. It amuses me. I know I'm entirely too old for cheesy Disney pop, but I just love it so!

And Matthew, I sincerely wish I could eat all of that right this minute. I'd totally share it with you, too!

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP