Thursday, December 29, 2011
|Link up here!|
1. New Years is a good motivator for a New Year, New Start. Obviously we don't have to be dictated by an arbitrary date, but it's a good motivator to believe a refreshed calendar can mean a refreshed you.
2. One of my New Year's resolutions will be to exercise. I was doing really, really well before I started my last job - running and tennis. Then I couldn't get a schedule worked out, and it's just...been lost. So, I resolve to get an exercise plan back in place. No pressure about a specific weight or a rigorous regimen: I just need to do it.
3. A New Year's resolution I've made in the past was to finish a novel. I have yet to actually meet that, but I've definitely gotten closer!
4. The most time consuming resolution I ever made was...hmm..I don't think I have one, really. I don't make resolutions often, and when I do, they're not very adventurous or time consuming. Maybe the novelling thing because it takes awhile to do that, but that's a bit of a stretch for the answer.
5. This year I will be spending New Year's Eve hopefully downtown with my best friend and some other friends partying, but seeing as how I've been sick for the past two days it's making it seem like NYE is closer to being spent at home, watching the ball drop on the TV while I suck down saltines and gatorade.
6. If I could wish one thing for my new year it would be to commit more. I'm such a flake on so many different aspects of my life, and I sincerely hope to curb that. It's not healthy!
7. 2012 is going to be filled with looooots of change. I'm starting the year unemployed again, so I have a plan of finding a job, finally moving out of the parents' house, getting together my portfolio and really freelancing and learning my craft. Hopefully, 2012 will be filled with a lot of passion.
PS. Speaking of New Year's, we've all seen this ABSOLUTE cuteness from Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, right? Because it is whimsical and beautiful and sounds fantastic and can they please just have precious little babies together already?!