Thursday, December 1, 2011
So as a small reminder, check out Girl With Curls for my guest blog post! Apparently my math was way off (I am not surprised) because it's already up on her site - so have fun with me and the 10 Christmas Things that Make Me Happy!
This weekend promises a lot of Holiday madness! My dad made a deal with me that when I cleaned the living room (it's been sorely neglected in all the November/Thanksgiving busy-ness), he'd get the Christmas decorations down from the garage. And guess what I spent all day Thursday doing?? It is spotless (if I do say so myself...), so I get my decorations :)
Unfortunately, we had a small beehive issue in the summer and it happened to be right in the corner where we store all the decorations in the garage. A few bees had made it into the garage, so we had to spray the bug killer inside as well, and now we're uncertain if it's damaged any of the boxes or if the chemicals have gotten into the bins. Which means, we may have to toss out the majority of our Christmas things :( This is horrible news for my mom and I as we have several keepsakes and memories in there, from childhood or handed down to us from generations. Keep your fingers crossed that most of it is fine!
(Although I have to say it'll be fun stocking up on decorations again if we have to replace any!)
So what is everyone else's plans? Are you starting in on the Holiday hoopla too, or putting it off for one more blissful weekend?
I hope everyone has a wonderful end of week, and let's get on with Fill in the blank Friday!
|Link Up Here!|
1. The holiday season is perfection. A time of family and loved ones and remembering how lucky and blessed you've been through the year; and a time to be determined and look forward to the new year .
2. Snow makes me cold. And it makes me miss Belgium, because that's the last place I've lived that really gets any .
3. The best comfort food to eat when it's cold out is soup in a bread bowl from Panera. Delicious!
4. Winter is the best time for baking and cooking! Our house heats up when we use the stove, so it's almost torturous to use it in the summer months (Southern California weather + heated house = bad news). So when it's cold out, all the better to make it warm and toasty inside - PLUS, you get delicious holiday goodies!
5. I can hardly wait for decorating my house and wrapping all the gifts. I'm almost done with Christmas shopping, 2 gifts left! .
6. When it comes to holiday gifts I prefer to give them, and if I can, make them. It's awkward receiving gifts, but I love giving people presents and showing them how much they mean to me .
7. If I were to rate my excitement about the holiday season on a scale from 1-10, I would say I am at about a 9. You would think a 10, but I get the holiday blues/grinchiness about a day or two of the season when it's overwhelming and seems a bit...pointless. But then I look at garland and turn on the lights to my Christmas tree and I remember how much I have to be thankful for and perk up .