Friday, August 13, 2010
Alongside the busy life, I've managed to once again aggravate my wrist problems (this time from tennis--must remember to wear the wrist brace!) which has put a major dent in the blog overhaul plans. This is getting annoying, but...what can ya do? I'm content to just read blogs and adore everyone's writing and inspiration.
Fill-in-the-Blank Friday is all about birthdays since Lauren (the lovely hostess) recently celebrated hers! Make sure you go over and wish her a fabulous belated birthday, even if you don't play along. And even though we know I'm not too keen on my own birthday, I adore celebrating others'! Happy Birthday, Lauren!
2. My favorite birthday memory was Downtown Disney my first year of college. It was kind of a weird time in life, and the dinner itself was pretty disastrous (waiters clearing the tables early, overpriced for underyummy food, a lot of drama, people coming late, etc), but the fact that I had 40 people come out for me was really special. I felt loved.
3. A birthday tradition I (or my family) has/have is dinner at the restaurant picked by the birthday girl/guy. It's kind of typical and not that exciting, but as we grow older it's nice to have all 4 of us together for dinner since it's becoming fewer and farther between.
4. If I had to choose one birthday meal to eat for the rest of my birthdays hence forward, I would choose pizza. Plain cheese or bacon & onion (unusual but delicious!) or margherita. Homemade, store bought, ordered (not from Round Table though), doesn't really matter. It's simple and tasty and satisfactory for everyone!
5. My birthday is on March 19. I am every bit a Pisces--which I view as a good thing, but others have alluded to otherwise. Someone once told me I'm a Pisces with an Aries temper (since I'm a day away from the split)...I didn't know how to take that.
6. If I could take a birthday trip I would go to St. Tropez. It's getting old that I keep choosing there, but I love it so much. It's beautiful and peaceful and I have such good memories of it.
7. The best gift I've ever received for my birthday was a trip to San Francisco with my best friends to go visit another best friend. It was our first big trip together by ourselves, and it was a fabulous time.