Food-centric blanks and weekend plans!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Because I like to keep with themes and today's Fill-in-the-Blank from Lauren is about all things yummy, let's tell the weekend plans by way of...food!  Saturday I think I may try to hit up the Fanfest for the San Diego Chargers, which inevitably means stadium/game food! Fries, a hot dog, possibly a frozen lemonade (odd how I don't like lemonade, but love frozen lemonade...). No beer for me though!  Sunday I am hoping to head down to Imperial Beach to see the Sandcastle Competition.  Because it's the beach, in San Diego that means one thing: mexican food! You can't say no to a good California burrito or carne asada fries or street tacos after a fun day ocean-side.  At night I'm planning to see Toy Story 3 with my mom, and since we don't eat theatre popcorn, we tend to sneak in our own snacks of crackers and M&Ms.

Oh dear...after all this food talk, I'm hungry now! Thank goodness I've got several days of tennis-playing and walking/running planned to offset it all.  Happy weekend, everyone!


1.  Today for breakfast I ate cocoa krispies cereal. Normally it's Honey Bunches of Oats (the Honey Roasted kind), but I ran out yesterday and forgot to pick up more. And I also ran out of raspberry vanilla granola to mix with my yogurt, so I had to resort to the backup of the backup breakfast haha.

2.  My go to/never fail recipe is a simple pasta with a simple red sauce. You can't go wrong.

3.  Something I eat that other people think is weird is frozen mocha drinks with brown (honey) boba. (For those who don't know, boba are little tapioca balls that typically go in milk-based tea drinks. There can be different flavors, but I think the most common is brown.)  People get grossed out at the idea of coffee+boba, but...I dunno, I like it.

4.  My worst cooking disaster ever was...actually, I don't think I've had one. I sadly don't cook too often, so disasters have been kept to a minimum. Unless you count that time my roommate dropped a part of her napkin down into the burner and neglected to remove it or tell me. That was a terrifying surprise when it caught on fire while I was boiling a pot of water--and of course, I was turned away so I didn't even notice it until the flames had reached all the way up to the microwave above it.

5.  If I could only eat one flavor of ice cream the rest of my life it would be coconut macadamia nut (from Lappert's).  It's yummy and gorgeous and unique and so sweet that I wouldn't have it all too often and it would remain a fancy treat.

6.  One food I hate and avoid at all costs is pickles and mushrooms. I don't eat a lot of foods (really, I don't), but mushrooms and pickles are the worst. I literally want to vomit every time I smell a pickle, and the sight of mushrooms makes me gag.

7.  What is your favorite meal?  Breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Proooobably dinner. Well...I probably love breakfast foods the most, but I enjoy dinner time since it's so variable. It can be early, normal, late; be a business dinner, family dinner, catching up with friends and it lasts for hours dinner; super quick bite to eat while sitting in the living room, at the table after we're all home from work, super fancy, black tie...it's just so versatile!

7 comments:

hana.k August 6, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

boba is great with every drink! fruit tea coffee everything except maybe soda. makes me want some right now!

Romanian Princess August 6, 2010 at 12:45 PM  

This is Nicole from the Bingham Tribe, your blog is so cute I'm going to follow it! Please do me a favor and follow me back! Thanks!

http://basicallyformyself.blogspot.com

Mrs. Buck August 6, 2010 at 2:45 PM  

oooh, pasta with red-sauce is for sure a no fail meal - love it! Add in a few meatballs or italian sausage links and I'm in heaven!

Anonymous,  August 6, 2010 at 8:05 PM  

ha, i like mushrooms AND pickles. uh oh.

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... August 6, 2010 at 11:42 PM  

i think that mocha boba thing sounds good. i love bubble tea, so i bet i'd like it :).

thanks for playing!

xo
{Lauren}

Ashley @ Ashley Loves Books August 7, 2010 at 12:40 AM  

Hana - though I usually maintain that boba would be good with anything, I think you're right about soda+boba not working. The thought of carbonation with tapioca is disgusting haha.

Nicole - thanks for the follow, I'm glad you like the blog :)

Mrs. Buck - Add in garlic bread or a french baguette and I'm pretty sure I could eat that meal for the rest of my life!

Matthew - Oh no...I fear this may be a wedge between us haha.

Lauren - Yes, try it! I don't see what's so weird about it.

Gnetch August 10, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

I don't cook that often as well and if I do, I go for the simplest, like frying eggs and/or hotdogs! :)

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP