Friday, August 6, 2010
Because I like to keep with themes and today's Fill-in-the-Blank from Lauren is about all things yummy, let's tell the weekend plans by way of...food! Saturday I think I may try to hit up the Fanfest for the San Diego Chargers, which inevitably means stadium/game food! Fries, a hot dog, possibly a frozen lemonade (odd how I don't like lemonade, but love frozen lemonade...). No beer for me though! Sunday I am hoping to head down to Imperial Beach to see the Sandcastle Competition. Because it's the beach, in San Diego that means one thing: mexican food! You can't say no to a good California burrito or carne asada fries or street tacos after a fun day ocean-side. At night I'm planning to see Toy Story 3 with my mom, and since we don't eat theatre popcorn, we tend to sneak in our own snacks of crackers and M&Ms.
Oh dear...after all this food talk, I'm hungry now! Thank goodness I've got several days of tennis-playing and walking/running planned to offset it all. Happy weekend, everyone!
1. Today for breakfast I ate cocoa krispies cereal. Normally it's Honey Bunches of Oats (the Honey Roasted kind), but I ran out yesterday and forgot to pick up more. And I also ran out of raspberry vanilla granola to mix with my yogurt, so I had to resort to the backup of the backup breakfast haha.
2. My go to/never fail recipe is a simple pasta with a simple red sauce. You can't go wrong.
3. Something I eat that other people think is weird is frozen mocha drinks with brown (honey) boba. (For those who don't know, boba are little tapioca balls that typically go in milk-based tea drinks. There can be different flavors, but I think the most common is brown.) People get grossed out at the idea of coffee+boba, but...I dunno, I like it.
4. My worst cooking disaster ever was...actually, I don't think I've had one. I sadly don't cook too often, so disasters have been kept to a minimum. Unless you count that time my roommate dropped a part of her napkin down into the burner and neglected to remove it or tell me. That was a terrifying surprise when it caught on fire while I was boiling a pot of water--and of course, I was turned away so I didn't even notice it until the flames had reached all the way up to the microwave above it.
5. If I could only eat one flavor of ice cream the rest of my life it would be coconut macadamia nut (from Lappert's). It's yummy and gorgeous and unique and so sweet that I wouldn't have it all too often and it would remain a fancy treat.
6. One food I hate and avoid at all costs is pickles and mushrooms. I don't eat a lot of foods (really, I don't), but mushrooms and pickles are the worst. I literally want to vomit every time I smell a pickle, and the sight of mushrooms makes me gag.
7. What is your favorite meal? Breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Proooobably dinner. Well...I probably love breakfast foods the most, but I enjoy dinner time since it's so variable. It can be early, normal, late; be a business dinner, family dinner, catching up with friends and it lasts for hours dinner; super quick bite to eat while sitting in the living room, at the table after we're all home from work, super fancy, black tie...it's just so versatile!