Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Life's been kinda crazy these past few days. Not for serious reasons, there's just a lot happening since it's the start of summer and relatives come into town or friends are between jobs or are finally using their vacation time. Highlights include:
- went to Downtown Disney and walked around. I also got to see a set of relatives from NorCal who I don't see often, which was awesome since I love them and miss them a lot.
- got to go to Costa Mesa for a couple hours and hang out with Samra, one of my best friends who I will be forced to live without for over a year as she heads off to England. I don't want to think about it.
- saw Kenny G perform. Yeah, possibly the most random musical act of my life, but that's ok--my mom was incredibly excited and happy, and that's what counts.
- first official summer BBQ has happened! And it was glorious and barbeque-y and I got a fake tattoo and blew bubbles.
- my parents celebrated their 29th anniversary. It was lovely and filled with love.
This week is gloriously empty, though I'm really just going to be resting up for a filled weekend. A friend's birthday, another friend's house warming, possible LA trip to see a few friends who I haven't seen in over a year--and if that LA trip happens another birthday celebration will be there--and whatever the family has planned. You would think I had like...a life or something.
|Head over here to link up!|
I remember trying to watch The Heartbreak Kid with my forever-roommate/best friend Mischa. We struggled through about 40 minutes and gave up. It's terrible!
2. Do you have a favorite Disney/Pixar film?
You can't possibly make me choose! Toy Story for the sentiments sake...but I did love Monsters, Inc. and Up and Wall-E...GAH ok I love them all, I can't choose!
3. Do you have a favorite movie from the 80′s?
"Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place."
4. Are there any movies you saw more than once in the theater?
My Big Fat Greek Wedding I saw twice. I saw Finding Nemo twice. And in about 2 weeks I'll see Toy Story 3 for the second time. I rarely see movies in theatres, much less multiple times.
5. What is one city/area of the US (or country you live if you do not live in the US) that you have not seen but would like to see?
I have a life's goal of going to every US state (I'm at 13 or 14 now), so everywhere is a potential answer. But I am dying to go to Chicago, Seattle, Portland and NYC.
6. What are your favorite toppings on an Ice Cream Sundae?
Granola, a smidge of chocolate sauce...that's pretty much it.
7. How many proms did you go to? What color was your prom dress?
Only once, my own senior prom. And I hate saying it, but my prom dress was bubblegum pink. And I HATEHATEHATE pink! It was one of the few dresses I loved that fit me and was flattering to my round figure...so I went with it. I wanted the blue one, but they didn't have it in my size and if I ordered it, I wouldn't have time to get it tailored before the dance. You win some, you lose some. I had an awesome time at Prom so I don't really care.
8. Is there a sport or extra-curricular activity that you didn’t get to try as a child that you wish you would have? (e.g. gymnastics, piano lessons, ballet, etc.)
Hmmm...I always wanted to do photography, but pretty much everything else I wanted to do, I got to.
9. How many siblings do you have? Are you the oldest, middle, or youngest?
One older brother. And yes, I am prototype youngest child--and I LOVE it.
10. Do you feel like you fit in with your age group? Or do you feel younger/older than your age group?
Generally, I do feel like your average 20-something-year-old. I'm lost and looking and puffed up on aimless hope with some unconditional optimism and heartbreaking realism mixed together. There are moments when I still feel like a child (living off your parents does that to you), and definite moments where I feel incredibly old (talking with college kids does that to you). But I know who I am, and that's all of a 23 year old almost-woman.