Friday, July 16, 2010
Well...that last post was a bit of a meltdown, wasn't it? It's just been one of those weeks where things go up and down at the blink of an eye, and you can never catch up. I went to the beach yesterday with one of my best friends, and there's nothing better than a little clarity through relaxation. You can't hate life when you've found this small, semi-unknown stretch of beach and are laying out with a friend beside you, the sun warming you down and the water a most refreshing cool. Watching people toss a football, surf the small waves, kids build sandcastles and dig holes...life can't be terrible, right?
Anyhow, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I am celebrating that same best friend's birthday with a night on the town, and I'm excited to see what kind of entertainment we'll stumble upon. Now, for fill-in-the-blank Friday! Go here and link up if you participate, too.
1. A very nostalgic place that reminds me of being a kid is at a park, specifically one with ducks to feed. The Woluwe Park in Belgium was literally down the street from my house and we used to walk there all the time to feed the ducks, have picnics, ride bikes and play frisbee. I loved it, and I miss that park.
2. If someone really wants to show me how much they love me they'll spend time with me, and not get offended when I don't want to spend time with them. There are times when I need to be by myself, and I appreciate it when people can understand and support it.
3. Lately I've been wondering a lot about life. In general. Sigh...so existentialist angsty.
4. When it comes to saving money I am not terrible actually. There are times when I do spend too much or I'll buy something I don't need, but I'm pretty good about saving paychecks and whatnot.
5. I'd prefer hot chocolate on a cold night over ice cold water on a hot day any day!
6. I wish I knew how to make jewelry. I'm such a sucker for beautiful necklaces and rings, it's probably my one weakness in terms of shopping & money.
7. I'm just waiting for this stupid stupid weather to pass. I left my suburb at 96 degrees blazing, went to the beach for perfect 89 degree sunshine, then a cloud passed over and it became 92 degree rain, thunder, lightning and several wild fires. San Diego feels like the apocalypse (presumably, anyway) right now.