Ten on Tuesday! Volume 18

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

So, two things to address right quick:

--01--
Making a long and boring story short, I was at this thing that was on the news, and I actually appear in the background. I knew they were around but was trying to dodge the camera man because...I mean, I'm not that comfortable looking in a mirror yet, ain't no way in hell I want to be seen on TV!  But alas, the camera man caught me. And whatever, I accept this, it's like .3 seconds and it was on the 5:30 news and who the hell watches that?! (If you do, don't tell me.)  What does upset me is that the first time I'm on TV...and it's for FOX NEWS?! SERIOUSLY?! I am mortally and morally against Fox News. I can't believe my ugly mug has appeared on that abomination of a channel.

--02--
Can we just take a moment of silence for the death of my 15-year-old self?  Orlando Bloom is now...*sob*...married.  My teenager self is in serious mourning over this.
....until my adult self catches up and reminds me Joseph Gordon-Levitt is still very much available.  Hope...

Link up here!
1. How do you take your coffee on an average day? How do you like your coffee if you’re splurging?
I don't drink real coffee, only those girly bitch drinks.  Depending where I am, I'll usually get an iced caramel latte, some sort of frozen drink, or a mocha.

2. What is your genre of books to read?
Anything fiction. Usually just Popular Fiction, other times Chick-Lit or YA or sometimes even some Fantasy.

3. Where do you want to retire, if you could go anywhere?
France. If it has to be in the US though, I'm down for Pelican Hill (this is money-no-object, right?).

4. The 17-year-old you is told to write a 10-minute speech. What topic would you have picked?
I prooooobably would have refused the speech somehow. I'm not so great with public speaking (I can do it, I simply prefer not to), and my 17-year-old self managed to get my way out of a lot of things.  And you all thought being a Teacher's Pet was a bad thing...

5. What word describes you best?
Listening.

6. What is the next “event” that you are looking forward to? (ex.: vacation, moving, date, job change, etc)
Now that comic-con is over (boo hiss!), I guess...I dunno. LA to see Forever-Roommate/Best Friend for the first time in a very long while--assuming that happens next month as planned.  If not, I'm super looking forward to September and colder weather and Winter.

7. Do you like to discuss controversial topics or do you prefer to avoid those types of conversations?
It depends on the topic, but generally I refuse to discuss them.  For a variety of reasons, though mostly because they make me uncomfortable.  I'll listen no problem(ish...don't push it), but I won't actively discuss.  Unless it is concerning any of the 3 things I do actually care about (gay marriage, how ebooks are terrible and the plight of public education funding).

8. Would you rather add 4 free hours to each day, or add 1 extra day to the week?
Four free hours to each day, because adding 1 entire whole day would make me feel the need to work for 6 days a week.

9. If you created a sports team; what would your colors and mascot be?
Oh my...I'm so uncreative! I have no idea.  I would say a penguin because I'm slightly obsessed, but I don't quite find them to be particularly intimidating--which probably wouldn't be good for a mascot.

10. If you had to be a teacher, what subject would you teach?
I taught journalism in high school, which I really loved.  Journalism, English, or, honestly, Art History.

2 comments:

The Demigoddess July 29, 2010 at 1:20 AM  

Hi there! Bloghopped here from Tasha's blog and now following you on my reader. :)

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP