It's not really a bloggy-break, I promise.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

via weheartit
I'm breaking a rule I have about double-posting on days, but seeing as how I went almost a week with no posts, I'm going to go ahead and forgive myself.  I'm just that nice.

I'm sick again.  I'm pretty sure I had an immune system at one point in my life, but apparently it decided it didn't like me and went away.  I spent all of January sick, and here I am again.  So...thanks for the 2 month break, body?  Thankfully it's not terrible, it's mostly a stuffed nose and watery eyes; and I'm grateful that my body doesn't feel sick.  I'm medicated and sleeping and drinking tons of water, so there's hope it will go away soon.

The worst part about being sick, and maybe it's just me, is that I always forget what it feels like to be healthy.  I mean, I just don't notice being healthy since that's the state of the norm...but when I am under the weather, I always feel as though I'll be sick forever and that there wasn't a time when I wasn't sick.  It's frustrating.

Anyhow.

Other reasons I did not post last week: I actually went out.  I know, I'm just as surprised as you are about this.  Incredibly, I had a life!  And interacted with real people!  Thursday my brother and his girlfriend left for a small vacation in Baltimore/East Coast, and I had to take them to the airport.  Which doesn't sound time-consuming, but I had to drive them up to Ontario.  Canada?!  No.  Little known to anyone is that there is indeed an Ontario, California, and it's roughly 40 minutes inland from LA (which is about an hour and a half drive from where I live).  It's a lot of construction, a lot of boring land, a distinctly disgusting cow manure smell...and a mall and an airport.  I don't get it either.  But anyway, one of my best friends Kathy came with me to drive them up, so we had a fun little mini roadtrip...through the most barren and ridiculous and worthless parts of Inland California.  Ok, maybe not the most, and that was a bit harsh, but ugh.  It's a very different California from the one I know and love.  This road-trip combined with my ridiculously amazing ability to get lost wherever I am led into some interesting U-Turns and a minorly terrifying drive up into the mountains of nowhere that we nicknamed Celebrity Prison (you had to be there).

Friday was a late birthday dinner with my best friends from high school at the Cheesecake Factory, a place I am convinced can do no wrong.  Our waiter, affectionately called John-Boy, was ridiculously amazing and over the top and a perfect match for my friends and the crazy drunken antics that happen.  My friends and I are notorious for being a handful, and when a few cocktails are thrown in it just gets ridiculous.  It's not that we're rude and send food back and yell--oh no.  We're overly friendly.  We talk and joke and flirt and laugh and it is an all around scene.  We're not annoying, we're amusing.  Dinner was good, food was good, I was embarrassed thoroughly, a bit of drama and a bit of eye rolling...all said and done, a good night.

And unfortunately, Friday was when I got sick, which effectively ended all plans (which unfortunately included a birthday celebration I was supposed to be at!  Sorry Matt + Natasha, I hope your birthdays were fab!). I don't remember much aside from a tissue box and sleeping.

Except Sunday, which was a lovely day.  That I will tell you about some other time.

Onto the title of this post.  It's not really a blog break, it just has to be a byproduct of a different break.  Seeing as how I have no job and spend most of my days doing nothing, I have unfortunately begun to lean on my laptop as a crutch for time filler.  At any time of day, I know I will find some sort of amusement, whether its on this blog, Twitter, facebook, tumblr, YouTube, 20sb, a few scriptwriting sites, even Google is dangerous.  I can go days without thinking about my phone, but I don't think I've gone an hour without my laptop in months.

And I don't like that.

So, I've decided to have a bit of a technological purge for a week.  I need to refocus my life on something other than this little screen, and I need to find something real in my life.  I want to discover what my city has to offer, I want to breathe fresh air and look at the world around me.  Pending regulated breathing coming back into my life, I also need to focus on exercising because the amount of "I feel fat" days are increasing at an astonishingly fast rate, and I don't want that.

Therefore, I am limiting my total computer time to an hour a day (excluding professional and business-related activities).  I mean an hour for everything, which effectively cuts out blog posting.  I'll be able to check e-mail, respond to the things I need to, apply for jobs, and perhaps squeeze a Tweet or a Facebook something-or-other.  I don't believe anything else is essential to my life, and I am on a mission to see that I am right--or, pitifully, wrong.  Who knows how this will turn out, but I have hopes I'll learn something from it.

I have a few blog posts scheduled, so this blog won't be entirely abandoned, but no blog reading and no other types of checking and/or communication will be open.  If there's something important that you absolutely have to get ahold of me for, then e-mail me.

Until next Wednesday, my lovelies!

2 comments:

Another David March 30, 2010 at 7:34 PM  

Yeah, I've been pretty much out of commission for the last 36 hours, too. Get better soon!

Ashley March 31, 2010 at 11:12 AM  

Good for you! With my job being dead right now, I spend over 3/4 of my work week on the internet so I've stopped using it at home almost completely. I realized how dependent I was on it and had to tear myself away. I look forward to you coming back, but definitely understand the need for a break!

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP