Ten on Tuesday! Volume 7

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hooray for my return to Ten on Tuesday!  Make sure to head over to Chelsea's to add your blog to Mr. Linky if you participate, too!

1. When you were a senior in high school, what career did you think you’d choose? Did you? Why or why not?
I was expected to take on the career of being an editor and writer for a newspaper, and I technically chose it when I got my degree and am still working in the field.  But seeing as how I'm thinking of going back to school for publishing or library sciences...I guess I'm considering changing it.

2. What one thing about the “real world” did you find most surprising once you were on your own?
How absolutely tedious grocery shopping is.  Sometimes it isn't so bad, but so often spending so much money and especially when I'm tired after an entire day's work plus editing most of a publication...I would just like my food to magically appear.  Is that too much to ask?!  (and honestly I don't think I'm quite in the "real world" just yet, but this was one of the many surprises for me when I was living on my own for 4.5 years.)

3. Name 3 things you think your closest friends DON’T like about you.
- I'm flaky. I'm trying to break it, but it's hard!
- I never, ever answer my phone or check it.  I just don't  think about it throughout a day.
- I limit food places to go to because of  my...how do I say...inability to choke down shitty food.  I can't help that there are so many foods I don't like!

4. In order to sleep, do you need background noise or absolute quiet?
I can fall asleep during both, but if it's completely quiet it takes me longer because I start to think to fill the silence.  I usually fall asleep to music--I have a specific Good Night playlist (that one day will be shared...).

5. Why do you choose to reside in your current city?
Because I don't pay rent living with my family.  But when I do eventually move out, I may stay in SD (pending job, of course) and that's because San Diego is beautiful.

6. Are you close to your parents?
Very much so.

7. What is your favorite fiction book? Poem? Blog?
Oh Lord, I can't believe I have to choose these.  Louisa May Alcott's Little Women; Shakespeare's Sonnet XVIII (shall I compare thee to a summer's day?); and I'm going to cop out and say one of my favourite blogs is Inspire Me Now!

8. Do you enjoy cooking or is it a chore?
When I have the time, it's fun.  But when I'm doing it simply because I need to eat something in the next 18 minutes before I have to jet on over to some other appointment, it's a chore.

9. Be honest. What one thing would (the majority of) your blog readers be shocked to find out about you?
Hmm...how about that I'm 22 23 and I've never been drunk?  Not even tipsy/buzzed/whatever you call it these days.  And I'm not against drinking or don't drink myself.  I had my first alcoholic drink when I was 19, and since then I just...never crossed that boundary.  Somehow I also have a high tolerance for alcohol (I say this like I don't know why, but I'm fairly certain it has to do with my weight and how I have..um...copious amounts of it), so I can safely drink a vodka cran, long island iced tea, and an Adios MotherFucker in 2 hours and be fine.

10. If you were given your own national holiday, what would you require people to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner on the Day of You? Would there be a parade? Greeting cards?
How fun!  I actually don't think I'd want this, but...I'd make Ashley Day reflect my life and something that I actually care about.  So, for food you just have to make sure your meals include something from France, England, Belgium, Italy, or California--except no seafood allowed, because that just makes me want to puke.  And rather than any greeting cards or parades or something fancy schmancy like that, you can do something that raises some sort of awareness for AIDS, penguins or the horrid state of public education today.  Because those are 3 things I really, really do care about.  Make a donation, volunteer for something, read a book about it...anything that will have a positive result.

5 comments:

Another David March 23, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

Never been drunk?? Girl, you need to fix that. It's so much fun! Besides, you've only got a couple years left for it to be acceptable to be wastey-faced. Then you have to start acting like a real adult.

Stephany March 23, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

I'm 22 and I've never been drunk either. Just a little bit tipsy when I was 18 and thought it was "cool" to drink. It doesn't look like fun at all (hangovers? No thanks!) and I just don't really like the taste of alcohol!

Vivian March 23, 2010 at 3:57 PM  

We need to get together and drink long island ice teas and talk about how awesome we are, my friend. Although I will only stop at one because that is my limit before I get tipsy. Hah, lightweight.

Sue @ SimonsSistaSaw March 26, 2010 at 6:46 AM  

I love your way with words - "inability to choke down shitty food". Couldn't have put it better myself! Little Women would be a favourite of mine, if only I didn't tear up in it.

http://simonssista.blogspot.com/2010/03/ten-on-tuesday.html

Eva March 29, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

I've never been drunk either! I'm so afraid of throwing up, and also, I'm not the biggest fan of the taste of alcohol.
But really, never being drunk ain't so bad. I'm kinda glad.

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP