Sunday, March 14, 2010
It didn't begin too well with that dream, and a bit of a slow start, but in the end...there were a lot of little good things. And sometimes, those count so much more.
- So losing one hour blows with the Daylight Savings Time and all, but it's 6pm and the sun is still out shiny and bright. It's really nice.
- I got to go outside in a light jacket and a dress. No massive coats, no tights, no heavy scarf, no socks under my boots.
- I woke up at 8:30am. Which normally wouldn't be a good thing since I didn't go to bed until close to 6am, but it's nice to wake up and have a full day left to fill with anything.
- While in Michael's Craft Store purchasing paints and canvas, the cashier gave me the 40% discount even though I forgot my coupon.
- Got an ice blended drink from Coffee Bean, which reminds me so much of summer months its is ridiculous.
- While in Coffee Bean, one of the baristas was incredibly cute. And he actually looked me in the eye and smiled, rather than just shoving the drink across the counter and turning away like most of them tend to do.
- I spent an hour in Barnes & Noble just walking and looking at books. Books make me happy.
- I also spent about half an hour in Borders, resulting in my possession of a new Jane Austen.
- Both bookstores were crowded enough to not be bothered by employees, but not crowded enough to be cramped and annoying.
- New notebook! Which also means my first steps towards this sonnet project I have forming in my head.
- The most pleasant little tweeny girl held a door open for me and was incredibly amiable. It's nice to see the younger generation still has some positivity in them.
- A good singing, senseless song came on in the car while I was driving. You can't help but feel good belting out a ridiculous song with the sun shining and minimal traffic on the road.
- I am about a week away from getting my hands on a book I've wanted to read for months. C'mon, library holds and person who checked out Pride and Prejudice and Zombies!
and the best part? It's only 6:15pm, I have about 8 hours left in my day...there's so much more happy to be done.
What made you smile today?
(aaaand END steaming pile of sickeningly happy positivity! These moods are rare for me, I have to grab 'em while I can.)