What I've done in my life...

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

via weheartit
I saw this list through Ali's blog (hello old lj friend!), and figured since I didn't get to do Ten on Tuesday, I'd stick this up as a post.

  • Copy the list.
  • Bold the ones you've done (w/explanations if needed).
  • Share with friends.

I have:
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
(not a fan of camping, but this made it worth it)
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
(I was in college, of course it was more than I could afford)
7. Been to Disney World
8. Climbed a mountain

9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo (while getting over laryngitis! Note that I didn't say I sang it well.)
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris 
13. Watched a thunder and lightning storm
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
(I'm counting all my Photoshop/inDesign/graphic design since it's all self-taught)
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight (with girls. in summertime pjs.  yeah, that's real.)
22. Hitchhiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (do people...not...do this?)
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
(I think so, at a farm in Belgium)
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse (I feel like I did, but it was probably partial. So, no bolding.)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
(relative to the courtyard of my Parco in Italy, of course.)
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (the Filipino part, anyway.)
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (I'd feel weird not bolding this, because it's not like I need money to be satisfied with my life...I need passion and drive, not money.)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person
41. Sung karaoke

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted (art class. It counts, dammit.)
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person (got lost in it, got yelled at by the guards.)
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater (on the life's goals list though!)
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business (if I can count a not-for-profit magazine)
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
(he was sweet)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma (I completely crossed this off because I am not legally allowed to donate blood/platelets/plasma/body parts/anything other than money.  You may ask if you want to know.)
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp
67. Bounced a check (NOT my fault...she cashed it way earlier than I told her to!)
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (Snowball!)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle (much to my Harley-riding father's chagrin, no.)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
(I think...it's kind of unclear.  All I know is there was a dying bee on the floor next to me, and my leg fucking hurt.)

2 comments:

Another David March 18, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

Nice picture! I think you've done way more of those things than me.

Ashley @ Ashley Loves Books March 22, 2010 at 2:07 AM  

I love the picture, too...although it does unfortunately remind me of being terrified when I was actually in one of the gondolas in Venice. And I feel as though my life has allowed me to cheat on this list, since I got to cross off a good chunk just from living in Italy & France.

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP