Just some quick notes.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

This'll be a short post because I've been having problems with my right hand and wrist for a few days now.  I think I just need to rest it (writing binges have been happening...and I mean actual writing, in a notebook), but for now I'm attempting minimal use.

Thoughts So Far For the Week:
- I'm a pretty shitty friend.  I'm entirely lucky that I have friends who put up with me and my flakiness.

- This whole plan to see all the Oscar nominated Best Picture films before the awards is not happening.  Perhaps if I'd started a year ago, I'd be halfway done.  So far I've gotten: Up in the Air, Up.  Yeeep.  Total of 2 (which is much better than any previous year).  I have Precious, The Blind Side, and An Education queued up in my computer, just no patience to sit.  All the others will just have to come as they may (except Hurt Locker, because as much as I'd love to watch it, I can't handle it.)

- Is EVERYONE in a relationship/having a baby/getting married/caught up in some boy or girl (pending respective interests)?!  Because really, I love you all, I'm happy you're happy, but...may I have a day to revel in my loneliness?  Please?

- As much as I don't like to admit it, I think I have arachnophobia. Usually I deny it, but the fact that I'm so uncomfortable and freaked out in my own home after having 5 spider incidents in a week probably means something.  And Monday night I may have started hyperventilating when a spider crawled across my bed and may have flipped out and may have had to call my brother in to kill it and may have not been able to sleep for an extra 3 hours and may have then been late to my appointment the next morning.  But, whatever...

- In my quest to read every movie (hi daniel if you're reading this), I read all of Nicholas Sparks' The Last Song in about 4 hours this morning.  I was also reminded why I stopped reading Nicholas Sparks novels: I bawl my eyes out the last 100-ish pages.  And then I'm irritated, because his writing bothers me since it's so formulaic in content.

- Also, I'm always reminded of 10th grade.  Not because I had some tragic love life, but because I was friends with Nicholas Sparks' nephew and he was in my Honors English Lit class.  Related note, writing talent does not run in that family.

- I really need to get my eating schedule back on track.  Waking up at 10am, not eating until 1:30pm, then not eating again until 9pm isn't cutting it.

- New novel in the works.  Hooray?

And I'm finishing. Typing solely with left hand at this point. Hope everyone's week is going well!

1 comments:

Vivian March 4, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

1. I also have a "goal" of watching all 10. So far I've seen 4 (Up, Up in the Air, Inglorious Basterds, and District 9). I'm going to see A Serious Man today and The Hurt Locker on Friday (HOPEFULLY). Oh, and an Education sometime this week, too. Ok, so my goal is actually, watch the 7 I wanted to see in the first place. No way I'm seeing Avatar (no, James Cameron, I will not put more money in your pocket/waste my 2 1/2 hours on a mediocre story) or the Blind Side (I get really angry watching "critically praised" films that I think are way formulaic) and Precious...but only because I know that movie will just be heaps and heaps of sadness.

2. In the past half a year, four of my friends have had babies (they're late 20's/early 30's so it doesn't make me feel like I'm ~missing~ something) and in the past year, 3 people have gotten engaged/married (some our year...which still blows my mind). I don't know what my point was. Oh, why is everyone having babies/getting married right now? ALL AT THE SAME TIME?

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
I'm fairly obsessed with penguins, Peanuts (the comic), and the TV show Friends. Parentheses may or may not be (over)used in this blog, and books will pretty much be the only thing I ever talk about because they are my One True Love.

Labels

#best09 #reverb10 12 Changes in 2012 2011 2012 20sb 30 Day Journal Challenge AAA absence album anecdote art article bad mood Balboa bathroom beach birthday blackout blog blog award blog birthday blog swap Blurb of Absurd body book books books; book review bored boys brother building fail California cards challenge change Chargers childhood China Glaze Christmas cigarettes clutter comic-con contest conversation excerpt cop out post Coronado creepy December Nights decoration Demi Lovato dilemma Disney Disneyland do you want to date me? documentaries Downtown Disney Dr. Horrible drag queens dream drunk earthquake Easter emotional Essie Fall family fashion Father's Day fear fiftypeopleonequestion fill in the blank friday Film first kiss food friends frustrated fun funny future future fail gifts girls Glee Golden Globes Google Google reader Google Wave greek guest blog Halloween happy health health insurance needs to rot in hell (but does it cover that?) help me hero hiatus hit and runs SUCK ASS holidays home hope hot humor hypothetical situations not at all based on reality or my life imaginary in memoriam inspiration introspective iPad Italians Jeopardy Jersey Shore John Mayer journalism judgment L'Oreal LA letters to myself library lies life life lessons Link Love Friday list love lust Mama Kat's Workshop Mash-Up Mayer Hawthorne mom money movies music nails NaNoWriMo nerd new year night out OPI opinion packaging party past peace Peanuts penguin personal photos pictures place poetry polish Portland Postsecret random relationships Restaurant Road to VDay room roommates from hell rush sad sdcc10 secret shame shopping sick sleep spoken word sports Starbucks strange Target tea Teaser Tuesday technology Ten on Tuesday thanksgiving this makes no sense this should probably embarrass me but it doesn't tips Top Ten Tuesday (Books) Toy Story 3 travel trips TV TV taping Twitter Utah Valentine's Day Vancouver 2010 weather weekend WHAT IS MY LIFE why does auto-correct suck so hard Wordless Wednesday work work sucks workshop writer's block writing YA you're not really a doctor anyway Zoya

i'm probably reading

Zoe's bookshelf: read

The Dragon's EyeAngelsThe Lightning ThiefThe Man of My DreamsCity of GlassCity of Ashes

More of Zoe's books »
Zoe's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP