Thursday, March 4, 2010
This'll be a short post because I've been having problems with my right hand and wrist for a few days now. I think I just need to rest it (writing binges have been happening...and I mean actual writing, in a notebook), but for now I'm attempting minimal use.
Thoughts So Far For the Week:
- I'm a pretty shitty friend. I'm entirely lucky that I have friends who put up with me and my flakiness.
- This whole plan to see all the Oscar nominated Best Picture films before the awards is not happening. Perhaps if I'd started a year ago, I'd be halfway done. So far I've gotten: Up in the Air, Up. Yeeep. Total of 2 (which is much better than any previous year). I have Precious, The Blind Side, and An Education queued up in my computer, just no patience to sit. All the others will just have to come as they may (except Hurt Locker, because as much as I'd love to watch it, I can't handle it.)
- Is EVERYONE in a relationship/having a baby/getting married/caught up in some boy or girl (pending respective interests)?! Because really, I love you all, I'm happy you're happy, but...may I have a day to revel in my loneliness? Please?
- As much as I don't like to admit it, I think I have arachnophobia. Usually I deny it, but the fact that I'm so uncomfortable and freaked out in my own home after having 5 spider incidents in a week probably means something. And Monday night I may have started hyperventilating when a spider crawled across my bed and may have flipped out and may have had to call my brother in to kill it and may have not been able to sleep for an extra 3 hours and may have then been late to my appointment the next morning. But, whatever...
- In my quest to read every movie (hi daniel if you're reading this), I read all of Nicholas Sparks' The Last Song in about 4 hours this morning. I was also reminded why I stopped reading Nicholas Sparks novels: I bawl my eyes out the last 100-ish pages. And then I'm irritated, because his writing bothers me since it's so formulaic in content.
- Also, I'm always reminded of 10th grade. Not because I had some tragic love life, but because I was friends with Nicholas Sparks' nephew and he was in my Honors English Lit class. Related note, writing talent does not run in that family.
- I really need to get my eating schedule back on track. Waking up at 10am, not eating until 1:30pm, then not eating again until 9pm isn't cutting it.
- New novel in the works. Hooray?
And I'm finishing. Typing solely with left hand at this point. Hope everyone's week is going well!